XT3 LCD turned off randomly

Tmobile

I've had my camera for about a month now and it was working perfectly fine up until today, mid-shoot.

I set up my shot and pressed the shutter button to record, then my LCD all of sudden shut off. The camera was still recording and I could see through the view finder but no image on the LCD at all. I know there's nothing wrong with the LCD because playback works perfectly fine. 

I've been searching for answers all day, I've labeled it down to EVF being the problem only thing is I dont know where the settings to turn EVF off are at.

Two possibilities.

1. You hit the Viewmode button by accident, and switched it to EVF-only mode. This is most likely as it's the first option you get by pressing that button and the LCD still does playback when this is selected. Press the VIEWMODE button again to cycle through all the options there.

2. You have some debris in the eyecup which is confusing the eye sensor and pushing the camera into EVF mode.