My battery runs out of energie

Elly3

I normally replace my lithium ion batteries when they will not go over 20% of their original capacity.  That seems to be the point when I may notice a bulge in the battery, as well.  If you want to refresh your battery, you can charge it, let it cool (has chip in the battery), take photos with e-shutter, then charge again.

Also, you may do some troubleshooting by taking the battery out for 2wks (good time to order a second battery), to determine if it still drains.  Also, can check the contacts to see if they have corrosion.

Fuji's manual insinuates that a significant battery life is drained even while sitting for 2 days:
"The battery gradually loses its charge when not in use. Charge the battery one or two days before use."
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t3/first_step/battery_charge/index.html

The manual also has a section that says this:
"Performance may be impaired if the battery is left unused for extended periods when fully charged. Run the battery flat before storing it. If the camera will not be used for an extended period, remove the battery and store it in a dry place with an ambient..."

I hope something in this helps and that I have written clearly.  :)

Thank you Matsonfamily.

I have 6 original batteries with all the same problem. I never had this issue with my T1, and behoor the T1 with all my Nikon cameras. The camera was send to Fuji twice. The first time it came back with the note that the motherboard was repaired. The second time, they could not find, what they call Wandering Energy.

As all those tests are done without a lens connected, I did the same test with the 18-55mm on camera. At the start on july 5th, the battery was 100% full charged. And now this morning 10:00 a.m. the battery only has 54% energy left. 

So I am not very happy about this. Is this an issue that exist in all fujicamera's?

@Elly3, after reading your reply, i have looked up and found others that claim their battery drains in-camera more than it did for other Fuji models.  Perhaps this is a problem with the X-T3.  I'd like to see someone else's take on this.  What was the native phrase they used for "wandering energy?"  (assuming you speak dutch?)

ah, zwerf Stroom (stray current/amperage?) sounds like ground faults, when wiring is able to find a path to the "ground".  Often when insulation is worn down.  That seems like something physically wrong with the camera... but at the same time I find others complaining of this, too.  

well, unlike your experience, I found a user on a competing forum claiming that they had it fixed by Fuji:
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4437438?page=2

EDIT:  (confirms your Streustrom comment)

some comments:

"Fuji took the camera in under warranty and the power board was found to be faulty. Quick painless turnaround and now have no power drain issues. Also seems to have improved battery performance in general."

"I received my X-T3 back from the Fujifilm Service Center today. The main circuit board was replaced on 22 nov. Assuming they put in a fully charged battery on that date, it now still shows fully charged, while before the fix it would have been almost empty. Seems that the problem is solved. Camera has been away for 16 days, no charges as it was still under guarantee. For now I say: Good service....After repair, no battery drain anymore when camera is switched off."

Edited by matsonfamily

This could mean that this issue happens with more camera's. And that Fuji knows about this problem and that Fuji has a solution for it as well.

Thank you so much. I will send my camera again to Fuji with these comments. When I have the results, I will inform you.

😀 Elly3

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2020 at 6:24 PM, matsonfamily said:

that sounds great!  Good news is precious in 2020.  :) 

Hello everybody, it took a while but my camera is now fixed by Fujifilm in Kleve. A new motherboard is the solution.

As Fuji is not so happy to fix this problem. So I made a paper with the loss of energy in 2 weeks time. There were no charges as it is still under garantee.

Have a good day 

Elly3😉