My brand new X-T4 freeze now and then - anyone else same problem?

bem

19 hours ago, junOlive said:

The response I received from Fuji support was that it very much looks like problems caused by a defective SD card (which I'd personally rather rule out given these Lexar 2000x cards work fantastically in an X-T3).

However, I found an interesting post on Facebook where someone reported exactly the same behavior I had observed with my X-T4. In the reported case Fuji support narrowed the cause down to the Godox X2T-F wireless flash transmitter that was mounted to the X-T4.

Though not really having tested other scenarios yet, interestingly enough I've been using the same trigger when having the described problems. So maybe its a hot shoe thing. The trigger itself seems to work fine on other Fuji cameras. Has anyone of you guys had mounted something on the hot shoe while experiencing these freezes?

i don't think it's a problem of sd card or some accessories.

I had this problem with different cards, i haven't any accessories, and in my video i uploaded here, the freeze started without an sd card inside.

Fuji MUST resolve the problem

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 11:51 AM, Herco said:

All X-T4 cameras we buy in Europe are made in China. Fuji only delivers 'made in Japan' X-T4s to the USA to bypass the high trade tariffs imposed on Chinese products. In fact, I've been told (but I'm not certain about it) that these cameras are also mostly made in China, but then shipped to Japan for some final assembly and packaging. Just enough to qualify for the 'made in Japan' stamp. ---Message snipped---

I am in the US and my X-T4 says "Made in China", not Japan. Purchased two months ago from B&H in New York City.😕

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same issue with my Fujifilm xt3 and xt4. Originally i thought it was my sd cards but soon ruled that out. After a month or so of this problem with my xt3 they replaced it with a new xt3.Same issue... They then loned me a demo model xt4 and it still had the issue....Now they gave me a brand new Graphite silver xt4 straight out of the box and after 2 weddings it started freezing again....It only happens when i use my godox x2t f trigger.....im really starting to get annoyed....Has anybody found a solution yet?

I've not had this message, but I do have a problem with high speed continuous shooting and might be related to this thread, if not my apologies.

I received my new X-T4 not 6 weeks ago and it's currently in with Fuji Canada due to an issue with high speed bursts. The images (shot in RAW) came out with a digital artifact straight through the centre of each image, the first of each burst being ok, but the rest having this pixel perfectly straight bang in the middle purple line.

Fuji asked for the files and they have had my camera in now for going on 1 week. I'm happy to include the files but the 4 are 160Mb all in all.

Running latest v1.10 firmware and using UHS2 V90 cards in both slots. Eager to hear of anyone else noticing this or anything like.

I'm worried Fuji are going to run my camera on tests consuming all my shutter activation's; being so brand new this is a pain indeed. They've reassured me they will return it to me 'reliable for years to come' here's hoping.

Edited by Scottt
spelling

• 1 month later...
On 9/1/2020 at 8:14 PM, junOlive said:

The response I received from Fuji support was that it very much looks like problems caused by a defective SD card (which I'd personally rather rule out given these Lexar 2000x cards work fantastically in an X-T3).

However, I found an interesting post on Facebook where someone reported exactly the same behavior I had observed with my X-T4. In the reported case Fuji support narrowed the cause down to the Godox X2T-F wireless flash transmitter that was mounted to the X-T4.

Though not really having tested other scenarios yet, interestingly enough I've been using the same trigger when having the described problems. So maybe its a hot shoe thing. The trigger itself seems to work fine on other Fuji cameras. Has anyone of you guys had mounted something on the hot shoe while experiencing these freezes?

Having the same issue and definitely caused by X2T-F transmitter. Did you manage to find a solution?

5 hours ago, k80sg said:

Having the same issue and definitely caused by X2T-F transmitter. Did you manage to find a solution?

Unfortunately not. I'm hoping for a FW update. They just released one for their XPro trigger series.

Edited by junOlive
Inserted quote.

On 11/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, k80sg said:

I also have the same freezing problem when using the X2T trigger on my X-T2. Must be bad communication between devices. In flash settings, shoe mount flash with  TTL is the only option when having the X2T attached. Does that count for everyone?

Hi All,

Seems like it is happening since a while. It is funny that I never heard anything from the youtuber side while researching what camera to get. I was connecting the phone and camera...failed a few times and then just froze on me. I started googling for this issue and came across here. Is it a lemon unit or is it something unique to certain serial numbers?  I have the 18-55mm f2.8 lens. The cap was on the lens when pairing....Yesterday I had the SD Card out for the first time and inserted it my macbook. Confused about this freezing up. When turning the XT4 off it still remains on....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had my first lockup. I was bracketing and got the spinning arrow. I had to drop the battery to get back the camera. Then later in the day, I got weird previews, changing white balance did not change the viewfinder preview. Looking at the captured image showed the same red cast color. I dropped out the battery again, reselected the white balance again, it came back. Looking at the images that had the red cast, it was OK once I assigned a white balance in Lightroom. My firmware is 1.02, I think I saw there was a 1.2?, I will look for it. My firmware was last updated via the IOS app on my iPhone.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem. Tried to set up the wireless connection (which also was a hustle) and it froze for the second time. 

I just switched from canon to fuji and honestly im not impressed. I thought their webpage was fake at first. Looks like it hasn't been updated since the 90's. 

Did you get comfirmed whether or not it was a firmware problem?

/ My, Sweden

This thread seems to be more about Godox X2TF than X-T4.

My X-T3 froze several times when using Godox X2TF together with Godox TT350F. It took 1/2 to 1 minute for the camera to reset itself, but could be done instantly by just turned the X2TF off/on by its switch. One frame was lost (black). Very annoying.

I noticed it happened when trying to shoot before the flash was fully recharged, but did maybe happen at other times as well.

I read above that some of you tried to get help form Fuji, but I don't understand why Fuji would assist in helping with a problem for a 3rd party product.

Just got my XT4 from B&H. And I'm facing the same issues. 

This camera has frozen up on me 5 times in 45 minutes when I'm doing video. Although I'm using adapted lenses, I highly doubt the Fringer is the cause since OP has issues even with a native Fuji lens.

This is honestly so frustrating. Been such an old issue and Fuji has yet to release a firmware update.

Got a similar problem today. Had my X-T4 for a couple of weeks, this is the first time I run in to this.

After an exposure the lcd screen remained black - but clearly powered on, you could see the backlight on the screen.

Powering off the camera and turning it on again did nothing. In the end I took the battery out, not until then the screen shut down entirely and after putting the battery back I could turn on the camera and it worked normally again.

I should add that yesterday I got a new lens (Viltrox 56mm f/1.4). Not sure if it's at all related to the lens or not.

Seems i solved the problem! I update fringer adapter to the last firmware! In the changelog they wrote ,they solved some random freeze of the new cameras with xtrans soc! I m using a lot,and i haven’t more freeze! Try to upgrade the fringer firmware! 
fringer firmware 1.90 (with Canon) 

let me know if you resolve

Edited by emrik

Have this problem fixed while the camera is under warranty. I had the same problem with an X-Pro2 body.  Because the problem, at least for a time, only occurred occasionally, I made the mistake of not sending the camera in for warranty repair. Now Fujifilm wants $384 to repair what is clearly a quality control problem. 

• 5 weeks later...

For your information. This an issue with the X-T3 as well... Personally when shooting with artificial lights tethered to capture one pro or not. 

When you switch it off the lights is still on and is still processing and therefore still stuck in the off state. I have to remove the battery to regain. Control of the camera. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have no tolerance for this kind of stuff. Pretty sure I am going to just return it and switch brands which is too bad. I turn it on and screen shows but nothing works, no buttons. I got Lexar cards that seemed to be fast enough. But then I went back to the Fuji list of approved cards. Take the model numbers from that list and do searches, none of them are on amazon.

Total insanity...