Fuji XT4 Panorama

luckyLenses

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi!
I tried the panorama functionality of the XT4 last weekend and i was quite disappointed.

1. the only really important thing about panoramas is that every picture is shot with the same settings. as you can see in the attached file, this doesn't happen and you get a striped picture that is completely useless.
2. even if the camera would handle the exposure correctly, the file is reduced to a bare minimum ... like 8 MB... i know that this process is a lot for the processor in the camera but the result is absolutely disappointing.

What i actually don't get, is why the panorama functionality gets a quick access if it's not worth to be implemented corrently.

THIE1754.jpg

Edited by luckyLenses

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ccguy
      I'm trying to shoot with flash using a Godox 2.4GHz pair & strobe lights I've successfully used before; however, my only options in my flash menu settings are Manual & OFF. The button on the transmitter works with the receiver, but trying to use flash with the X-T4 has been unsuccessful. Are there any other settings that need to be enabled so it recognizes TTL/my hot shoe mount? 
    • By Dybo
      I’ve been blown away by fujifilm’s color science. Because of that, I’m ready to take the leap from Sony. But I have one hesitation - I shoot a bit of surf photography from the water and the retro dials (although beautiful and practical on land) seem to present some potential challenges in water housings since most housings I’ve seen don’t allow photographers use of the exposure dial.

This could be remedied by setting exposure comp. to the rear dial, but without an XT4 to try this on, I have no clue if it’s even possible. Any one familiar with those settings and that possibility? My photography will greatly appreciate the info!
    • By 77BusGirl
      I'm new to the world of Fujifilm and am sure I've got something set wrong. I spent most of the day trying to get pictures of my dog running towards me and I'd say maybe 5 percent were in focus. I tried different af modes, different shutter types, speeds, ISOs, aperture, AFC settings. Nothing seemed to make much difference. I've tried in forests and on a sunny bright deck. Almost always out of focus.  (Or soft focus) is there something I'm missing? Are there settings that work best for moving animals? 
      I'm on an xt4 with the 16-80 kit. 
    • By YOUTA
      I was imagining if ,fujifilm itself or any third parties ,make a auto focusing speedbooster to use fujifilm gfx lenses on fujifilm x series camera's !! . i might sound stupid , but actually it has great benefits in many area's . people who own x series and gfx series ,don't have to buy different lenses . also the camera industry is slowly shifting to medium format from full frame , so we will start seeing speedbooster for gfx lenses to different fullframe mount's of other manufacturer cameras too . so what do you think about this ? ,let's us all share our opinion's here ! about this , so maybe this might lead to a speedbooster ,like we said ! ,from fujifilm or third parties !! ,since many are using gfx camera's these day's ,who also has a x series body with them . so share your opinion's about this here , have a nice day !
    • By New2XT4
      Hi everyone. I am new to Fuji cameras. I love the camera so far but I noticed some weird behavior. On my 16-55 f/2.8, at any zoom range the focus by wire seems to be working properly. In manual focus mode the AF-ON works to autofocus and a touch of the focus ring the focus point moves as expected.  On my 23mm f/2 however, I cannot get the lens to manual focus. I have changed every setting I can access, updated firmware, and still nothing. The focus ring is non-functional. Anyone else have this problem? If so have you found a solution? Thanks for any help in advance.
    • Thank you for checking, I have just observed the same behavior with the 35mm f/2 - X-S10 with v2.10 chooses 1/100s. I guess I will use the specific minimum shutter speed or simply force myself to use the M mode more. 
    • Can I ask, what type of audio are you looking to capture?
    • Hi All, This is my first post. Hope this hasn't been covered before. I have something I'm trying to figure out on my x100v. I typically have my camera in natural live view with "Preview Exposure" off because I don't like seeing my exposure settings reflected in the image in the EVF. However, it seems that, in this setup, the live histogram no longer adjusts based on my exposure settings... Is there any way to get the histogram to show results based on what the resulting image will be without having the EVF brighten/darken based on exposure settings? With "preview exposure" on, I find it hard to compose-- especially in certain situations when trying to protect the HL's. Thanks very much! Collin
    • Hi all,Second post here would appreciate the input. I just purchased an X-T3 and X-H1.The EVFs on paper are meant to be the same with same refresh rates when in boost mode.The sizes are also meant to be almost exactly the same at 0.50 inches X-T3 and 0.48 inches X-H1 with the same resolution.However the X-H1 EVF feels smaller (bigger black border around the edges) and not as clear. It also gives me eye strain after just a few minutes. (I have adjusted diopter). It feels like its further away if that makes sense?Has anyone else noticed a difference between the EVFs when using them side by side because on paper they are meant to be the same. Perhaps its just this particular X-H1.Thanks,
    • I must have activated the wrong setting because now when I switch to the OVF the white windows stays for a second and then completely disappears. Any idea how to get it back? Thank you all so much. 🙂