Doubt about which lens

jclock

Hi to everyone, I’m an Italian photography entusiast. I’ve bought a X-H1 around six months ago with the 23mm f2. I’ve always had zooms yet I’ve had a lot of fun with the 23, every time I’ve had to think how to take the ideal shot having to move my legs instead of doing a little hand movement. I’m thinking of buying another 1 or 2 lenses and looking around I started to have the classical doubts before every purchase.  At the moments the candidates are the 16-55 and a couple of fixed lens (e.g. 35 1.4 and 50 f2 or 85 viltrox). I principally take photos during travel or  in the mountains so as genres I could say street (travel and similar), especially at night (I love the look of liam wong photos), and landscapes, recently I tried to do some portraits (and with that I think I said almost every genres 😂) and it is a genre that I’m becoming found of. The doubt start when I’m thinking about the convenience, while during portraits and street shots I can easily live with the fixed lens for both the lens change (I’ve had some bad experiences with dust on the sensor I’ve been always worried about changing lens outdoor) and the possibility of moving around for composition, when I’m hiking in the mountain these two factors become more problematic, one for the greater presence of dust and the other because often you can’t move much off the trail to take the shot. 

What do you suggest (except less overthinking)?
Thanks to everyone who will respond ☺️

As to your travel lens, I use both my 18-135 as a great "do-it-all" lens. It is Weather sealed so good in any weather condition and has both wide angle and tele capability. Also, on my trips to European cities with narrow streets, I often use the 10-24mm lens to be able to get the shot of buildings and statues from short distances. As to portraits, I go the Fuji 80mm and love the portrait ability. Very sharp lens and have taken many great portrait shots. Also, have done some macro with the lens of flowers and they are terrific. Lots of choices I know, but good luck. If you go to YouTube, Andrew & Denae have this www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKPqiIY69TM&t=497s where he talks about all the Fuji lens.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:59 AM, jclock said:

At the moments the candidates are the 16-55 ...

Take it. You won't regret. I have 10-24, 18-55, 55-200, 16-55. And 16-55 is the best of the best. If I should choose just two lenses now it would be 16-55 and 27mm.

Edited by mdm