Pre-Shot and number of frames in buffer onXT-4

Magda9777

I am a newbie to Fuji. Was a Nikon supporter. I love my XT-4. I only do stills so have not ventured into Video yet. 
Steep learning curve. I want to know if it is possible to set the PRE-SHOT to lessen the number of frames in the buffer.  I am a bird photographer and would use it often, but the 20 extra frames is for me Too much. 10 frames are more than enough. Any ideas?

One of the deciding factors, I've heard is the speed of your SD card.  Is it 300 Mb/s? What card(s) are you using?  As for preset up for "catching the bird", Hard to say.  What speed of shutter to you use?  More details could help narrow it down.  Most likely, it would/should be the same as any Nikon DLSR.  I'll trust you know what you are doing, but more details would help.  Others have suggested the faster the SD card, the better, because of more frames of a moving subject.  I wish I could be of more help.  Have you tried YouTube?

Thanks so much for your answer.MaybeI didnot explain my question clearly.  I am using a high speed card on continuous High in the Electronic drive. Pre-shot only works in Electronic drive. I do get enough shots of the bird. That is not so much the problem. It is when I keep my shutter half pressed waiting for the bird to fly and then when I press the shutter I have an additional 20 shots on my memory card if I use Pre-shot.  I want to know if itis possible to set it to e.g to keave only 10 frames in the buffer using PRE-Shot.