food photography macro

Hi all 

I was looking for a macro lens to get some closer shots for some food photography. I only have the 35mm f2 which is a great lens but I am limited by how close I can get to the product. So I thought lets get a macro lens and I saw the fuji 80mm f 2.8 and found the price tag to be eye watering. I was looking at the zeiss 50mm touit but I was really put off by the focusing speed because ideally I would like it to be more flexible and use it for other applications other than macro. 

I watched a YouTube review of the fuji 80mm and the reviewer suggested if you don't do too much macro but would like the option of having it to get a Minolta 100mm f2.8 and a lens adaptor. 

I just wanted to know as I've never attached a 35mm lens on my xt-3 before if it would still look good? I've read in the past when I was tempted by some Leica glass that there wasn't any point because its a 35mm lens you actually lose quality when you slap a 35mm lens on a apsc body.... 

sooooooo is that recommendation from that youtube vid a decent one ... because im very happy to go down that road or is it maybe some iffy advice otherwise I will stay away from it and somehow look to make the investment although I don't think a macro lens is something I will use a hell of a lot. 

This was from an X-T1 and an adapted Micro-Nikkor 55mm f3.5 AI macro lens

The Bee by Adam Maas, on Flickr

You've got nothing to worry about, there are some superb macro lenses in 35mm SLR mounts and those lenses generally work very well on an X-T3. 

• 4 weeks later...