Fujifilm X Pro 3 Stuck In Optical Viewfinder Mode

I’ve had my X Pro 3 less than a week and went shooting today and noticed it was in OVF rather than EVF. Tried to switch back and nothing happened. Switched lenses, same thing. Took battery out and put it back in at recommendation of Fujifilm Customer Support, still the same. It won’t switch back to EVF. Anyone have any solutions before I go to the hassle of sending it back to B&H?

I guess you mean your purchase was thru B&H.

But I doubt you want to do that. Have you tried a reset back to factory configuration? BE WARNED - THIS WILL NULLIFY ANY PERSONAL CONFIGURATION CHANGES YOU MAY HAVE MADE.

On my X Pro 2 there's a menu selection -> USER SETTING -> RESET.

• 4 weeks later...

Hope your problem is solved by now.

I can tell you about an issue I had two weeks ago with my brand new X-Pro3, when on holiday in Italy = 30 degrees C. Visiting narrow and hot alleys in Napoli the EVF wouldn’t work properly - it many times didn’t work at all. Had to turn the camera on/y time I wanted to shoot via the EVF. Guess the camera couldn’t cope with the temperature in the warm weather/sun. Now back in Copenhagen were I live, and the temperature/weather is of another (not so warm) level, the camera/EVF works well.

One could wish that the equipment would be more reliable in such circums.tances but it seems that production processes these days doesn’t make room for such perfection...

Best regards.

• 2 years later...