ATTN Fujifilm... What have you done??? CEOs, and Bosses read please.

Kasumi3344

Here is my first possibly only Fujifilm experience:

Here is what I found wrong with the one I got. I hope it was just a bad model. 1) In my RAW file, there was a 1/4 inch black bar going down the side. Taking away form the complete photo. I was using Sandisk. 2) The video was too shaken. It was horrible.  I was just sitting on the couch testing it. 3) The EV dial failed to work. I think they all did. What are they there for if you can not use them? Yes I unlocked them. 4) OMG the noise in the images... Horrible... I was horrified at how bad the camera was. I really had high hopes, only to be scattered into the winds... It was the first and very horrible experience I had with Fujifilm. I may, may not give it another chance.  But it will be a few years minimal.  Hopefully they fix it by then. I'm glad I got my money back.  Glad I was able to get my Nikon back as well.  I traded everything Nikon I had to get the XT4.  It was a lot.  And yes, I did in camera format the SDXC cards.

I want the CEOs, bosses, ECT... of Fujifilm IN JAPAN to see and read this.  They made a horrible product.  At least in my case.  I never thought this could happen.  Shameful...

Edited by Kasumi3344
Forgot something.

I wonder why your opinion is so vastly different from the opinion of thousands of other Fujifilm users, most of whom have used other major brands and are in a good position to compare. Also, many of them are accomplished photographers and they are knowledgable and in a good position to offer relevant statements. Judging from your other posts, your experience and expertise is rather limited, I would say on a novice level, yet you do not hesitate to voice your opinions very loudly, do you. 

11 minutes ago, George_P said:

I wonder why your opinion is so vastly different from the opinion of thousands of other Fujifilm users, most of whom have used other major brands and are in a good position to compare. Also, many of them are accomplished photographers and they are knowledgable and in a good position to offer relevant statements. Judging from your other posts, your experience and expertise is rather limited, I would say on a novice level, yet you do not hesitate to voice your opinions very loudly, do you. 

Irrelevant.  A bad product is a bad product.  By the way, I have over 10 years shooting photos.

No, the product is bad FOR YOU. Others who have tried it loved it and others have not. There is no perfect product for everyone.

You give so few details about the problems that it's hard to take the post seriously. Also, i had to read through all of it to figure out what you're complaining about. 

And why would CEOs read a random internet post about a (maybe but unlikely) faulty unit?

40 minutes ago, Kasumi3344 said:

Irrelevant.  A bad product is a bad product.  By the way, I have over 10 years shooting photos.

Then buy something different. There are enough choices.

You don't like Fujifilm, and you don't like Sandisk (from reading your posts). Then don't buy them.

BTW, ten years is nothing.

Edited by johant

On 6/28/2020 at 10:41 PM, Kasumi3344 said:

Here is my first possibly only Fujifilm experience:

Here is what I found wrong with the one I got. I hope it was just a bad model. 1) In my RAW file, there was a 1/4 inch black bar going down the side. Taking away form the complete photo. I was using Sandisk. 2) The video was too shaken. It was horrible.  I was just sitting on the couch testing it. 3) The EV dial failed to work. I think they all did. What are they there for if you can not use them? Yes I unlocked them. 4) OMG the noise in the images... Horrible... I was horrified at how bad the camera was. I really had high hopes, only to be scattered into the winds... It was the first and very horrible experience I had with Fujifilm. I may, may not give it another chance.  But it will be a few years minimal.  Hopefully they fix it by then. I'm glad I got my money back.  Glad I was able to get my Nikon back as well.  I traded everything Nikon I had to get the XT4.  It was a lot.  And yes, I did in camera format the SDXC cards.

I want the CEOs, bosses, ECT... of Fujifilm IN JAPAN to see and read this.  They made a horrible product.  At least in my case.  I never thought this could happen.  Shameful...

What kind of raw converter are you using? The black bar on the right side indicates that the software you use does not support X-T4.

I was not using any converter(s).  Just the lens, and camera body.  To put the RAW files on my MacBook Pro, I use the image capture.  That is how most put the images onto the computer/laptop.

I spoke to Ken Wheeler, and he suggested that through process of elimination, the SD Card was too slow.

On 7/2/2020 at 1:56 PM, Kasumi3344 said:

I was not using any converter(s).  Just the lens, and camera body.  To put the RAW files on my MacBook Pro, I use the image capture.  That is how most put the images onto the computer/laptop.

I spoke to Ken Wheeler, and he suggested that through process of elimination, the SD Card was too slow.

Image Capture transfers image from SD card to your computer. What do you use to view the image (where you see the black bar)?

18 hours ago, Kasumi3344 said:

I used photos, and it was on the right edge.  parts of it looked like it had hair/fine lines sticking out.  First I usually use photos, do the base edit, then use Affinity Photo for the spot removal if needed.

Photos does not yet have X-T4 support.

You would need to use a RAW converter with X-T4 support, like Capture One Express for Fuji (which is a free download).

Edited by mawz