Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, I just recently purchased the Fuji X-T1. I'm an over the road truck driver and thought that the X-T1 would be the perfect fit for my lifestyle. Last winter I went through a divorce and the ex got almost all of the Canon bodies and L lenses. After the divorce I found myself free to do what I wanted, left the insurance business and got my CDL. Now I'm traveling the country and having a blast. All that was missing was a new camera system. Along with the X-T1 and kit lens, I bought the 35 1.4 and the Rokinon 8mm. I also bought the Digital Juice Suction Cup Mount with a Giotti Ballhead. I already have the Vello Shutterboss, so I'm hoping to do some really cool night photography while I'm in motion. 

I look forward to being a part of this community.

Kurt

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Marshall Timkii Hoang
      hi guy, I'm using X-h1, X-t1 with few lenses. I wonder should I buy an X100T or an extra 23mm f/2.0 lens. I'm gonna do street photography and sometime travel?

Thank you guys. 
    • By Omar Alamoudi
      So I don't usually shoot video with my beloved X-T1. But, in the past few days, I figured I'll try to shoot a few videos of the kids. I know I couldn't use auto focus, so while using the manual focus, I found it very difficult to insure focus using either the EVF or the LCD screen. The focus peaking feature doesn't seem to work while shooting a video.
      Any advice/tricks?
      Thanks,
      Omar

• By Splodger
      Off on my hols in two weeks time. Going to Ireland for 10 days with the wife. I plan to travel very light so I'm going to use my trusty Domke F-5 XB bag. It is not a big bag: 10.5 x 4.5 x 6.5" / 26.7 x 11.5 x 16.5 cm. I can stuff in my X-T2 and all my lenses: Samyang 12mm f2, XF 23/35/50 f2 and Samyang 85mm f2. Everything fits snug excluding the hoods for the Samyangs, which I don't care about. The Problem is it's really snug. Not only do I have to stack two of the smaller lenses, but it takes too much time and care getting the gear in and out of the bag. As I'm not prepared to purchase a zoom lens (no offense, just not my thing) I am going to have to go without one of the lenses. 
      So, bearing in mind that I would be prepared to stack one of the XFs on top of the 12mm, losing one lens will make the whole thing a lot roomier. Which lens would you ditch?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Splodger
      Picked up this lens this afternoon, and took a few snaps. Perhaps not the best compositions, but they give you a good idea of what it's like. So far I'm thrilled with it!
      If you're interested in seeing at higher resolution...
      https://tinyurl.com/yccgd7nx
      https://tinyurl.com/ybjo8dsc

• (From an older inquiry I responded to here) I bought the pair listed below. Both are made by Godox but are rebranded house brands from Adorama. B&H also has Godox rebranded house brands though I don’t know their name for it. The reason I went with Godox is they are inexpensive and rated very high on multiple websites.  I first bought the pair as Godox branded but the warranty was a joke. The flash and off camera support both had a card insert explainin
    • Excellent, glad it worked out Ty!
    • Thank you for your advice. I was able to slide a credit card into the slight gap between the lens mount and the cap, I kept forcing it around the edge of the mount as I put pressure on the cap to turn. It finally popped off. A tab on the inside of the cap had broken off at some point and I'm guessing that was preventing it from releasing properly. I appreciate your help!
    • Not on the X-T3 either?! I thought for sure it would have it. 
    • What are your main needs from a flash ? I have a nissin i40 - which is perfectly sized for X cameras as well as fuji styled dials - however , it can't be controlled by a radio trigger - only optical slave mode