X-t30 no longer able to record video - Need help

Somemorr

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My problem:

My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.

Background:

- My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.

- I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.

My attempted fixes so far:

- I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.

- I updated the firmware to the latest version.

-  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DelH
      Hi, I have an X-T30 and interested in the way the histogram is displayed.
      If I'm in looking through the viewfinder, then lower camera and look at the rear LCD, the histogram appears.  After a second or two it disappears.  The same when I rise camera to my eye - the histogram appears again then hides.
      The operation seems odd - the histogram is enabled in the screen settings menu.
      Thanks for any help.
    • By cyonkers
      Greetings, Fuji friends! I'm having a conundrum. I have a slew of footage from an X-T3 I'm assembling in Premiere Pro. Footage specs:

- 30 and 60 fps 4K
      -10 bit (internal) 8:2:0
      -H265
      -HEVC
      -All shot in F-log

All of the unedited shots look great (for F-log, that is) in iMovie and QuickTime. When I ingest them into Premiere Pro, however, there's a bizarre pixelated swath of green and pink in the lowlights. No amount of color correction can solve it, and Davinci Resolve is no better. I have tried changing sequence settings, converting to Pro Res, and attempted many different encoding formats in Media Encoder with limited to no success. 
      Has anyone ever faced this issue? Adobe support is stumped. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! 
    • By Gibby
      For stills, I'm using backbutton focus.  And I'm able to select the focus point and track it in continuous focus.  Works great.  But in video mode, I can't find a way to track an object - only a face using face detect.  The rear touch screen doesn't seem to work this way.  When I select a point, it behaves as single focus, even when the camera is set to continuous focus.  Also, I'm often using the camera on a gimbal and need to rely on the rear screen for setting the focus point.  To date, I've mainly had to use the X-T4 in manual mode for video which is disappointing.  Am I missing something?
    • By Gilson
      Greetings from Brazil!
        I have 2 questions:
         1) I get the following error when I try to install FUJIFILM X Acquire on Macbook PRO running macOs Big Sur 11.4: "Cannot start FUJIFILM X Acquire. Another camera control application software is running."

What can I do to be able to install?
         2) Am I going to be able to use my X-T30 to recording in 4K using "Streamlabs OBS Recording Software" after I install "FUJIFILM X Acquire"?
    • By YOUTA
      Hoping for fujifilm to release tethered shooting for xt-30 soon, for allowing it to use it as a webcam, since webcam mode isn't working. xs-10 was having the same issue which has been fixed by fujifilm 2 days ago through a firmware update, which brought the tethered shooting ability to xs-10 and thus enabling it be used properly as a webcam. since webcam functionality is much needed in today's work lifestyle , really hope that fujifilm address this issue of xt-30, same way they addressed xs-10 , by adding functionality !. so everyone who has xt-30, let's sent feedback to fujifilm, directly or by commenting in the webcam thread in the "xt-30" pages, like we were commenting in xs-10 pages. since fujifilm care about feedback, thus hoping that they will address this quickly. have a nice day !.