Fuji XT-30 Tethering with Mac help?

Hi Everyone!

I have a Fuji XT-30 and I am looking to tether my camera to my Mac to be able to utilize Lightroom.

I have found this wonderful software called "FUJIFILM X Acquire" but I am unable to get it to work. I can backup my settings on my camera to my Mac but I cannot specify a "Destination Folder" it is greyed out.

I also do not have the option on my XT-30 in my SET UP > CONNECTION SETTINGS > CONNECTION MODE to select any tethered options. I only have:

1.  USB CARD READER
  2. USB MOVIE SHOOTING AUTO
  3. USB MOVIE SHOOTING FIXED
  4. USB RAW CONV. /BACKUP RESTORE

I was wondering if any of your have utilized this setup or if there is alternate software i should be using.

Also, I was wondering if i should be connecting via Micro HDMI port or the USB C port on the XT-30?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Currently on:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • FujiFilm Firmware Version: 1.20

Edited by Ryanito13

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 12:57 AM, Ryanito13 said:

Hi Everyone!

I have a Fuji XT-30 and I am looking to tether my camera to my Mac to be able to utilize Lightroom.

I have found this wonderful software called "FUJIFILM X Acquire" but I am unable to get it to work. I can backup my settings on my camera to my Mac but I cannot specify a "Destination Folder" it is greyed out.

I also do not have the option on my XT-30 in my SET UP > CONNECTION SETTINGS > CONNECTION MODE to select any tethered options. I only have:

1.  USB CARD READER
  2. USB MOVIE SHOOTING AUTO
  3. USB MOVIE SHOOTING FIXED
  4. USB RAW CONV. /BACKUP RESTORE

I was wondering if any of your have utilized this setup or if there is alternate software i should be using.

Also, I was wondering if i should be connecting via Micro HDMI port or the USB C port on the XT-30?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Currently on:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • FujiFilm Firmware Version: 1.20

please post this in fujifilm x-t30 section. there is a thread for this !

On 8/7/2020 at 2:27 PM, redders said:

The X-T30 doesn't support tethering :(

x-s10 didn't have either, now it's supported and there is a thread in fujifilm x-t30 for feature request, if you have one, comment there . have a nice day !