Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi Everyone!

I have a Fuji XT-30 and I am looking to tether my camera to my Mac to be able to utilize Lightroom.

I have found this wonderful software called "FUJIFILM X Acquire" but I am unable to get it to work. I can backup my settings on my camera to my Mac but I cannot specify a "Destination Folder" it is greyed out.

I also do not have the option on my XT-30 in my SET UP > CONNECTION SETTINGS > CONNECTION MODE to select any tethered options. I only have:

1.  USB CARD READER
  2. USB MOVIE SHOOTING AUTO
  3. USB MOVIE SHOOTING FIXED
  4. USB RAW CONV. /BACKUP RESTORE

I was wondering if any of your have utilized this setup or if there is alternate software i should be using.

Also, I was wondering if i should be connecting via Micro HDMI port or the USB C port on the XT-30?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Currently on:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • FujiFilm Firmware Version: 1.20

Edited by Ryanito13
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 12:57 AM, Ryanito13 said:

Hi Everyone!

I have a Fuji XT-30 and I am looking to tether my camera to my Mac to be able to utilize Lightroom.

I have found this wonderful software called "FUJIFILM X Acquire" but I am unable to get it to work. I can backup my settings on my camera to my Mac but I cannot specify a "Destination Folder" it is greyed out.

I also do not have the option on my XT-30 in my SET UP > CONNECTION SETTINGS > CONNECTION MODE to select any tethered options. I only have:

1.  USB CARD READER
  2. USB MOVIE SHOOTING AUTO
  3. USB MOVIE SHOOTING FIXED
  4. USB RAW CONV. /BACKUP RESTORE

I was wondering if any of your have utilized this setup or if there is alternate software i should be using.

Also, I was wondering if i should be connecting via Micro HDMI port or the USB C port on the XT-30?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Currently on:

• macOS Catalina 10.15.5
  • FujiFilm Firmware Version: 1.20

please post this in fujifilm x-t30 section. there is a thread for this !

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By K PRETHVIRAJ
      Hoping for fujifilm to release tethered shooting for xt-30 soon, for allowing it to use it as a webcam, since webcam mode isn't working. xs-10 was having the same issue which has been fixed by fujifilm 2 days ago through a firmware update, which brought the tethered shooting ability to xs-10 and thus enabling it be used properly as a webcam. since webcam functionality is much needed in today's work lifestyle , really hope that fujifilm address this issue of xt-30, same way they addressed xs-10 , by adding functionality !. so everyone who has xt-30, let's sent feedback to fujifilm, directly or by commenting in the webcam thread in the "xt-30" pages, like we were commenting in xs-10 pages. since fujifilm care about feedback, thus hoping that they will address this quickly. have a nice day !.
    • By Somemorr
      My problem:
      My X-t30 no longer lets me record video. Nothing happens when I push the shutter button in video mode.
      Background:
      - My main use for this camera is for recording video projects at my workplace.
      - I noticed the issue after using the camera as a webcam with a elgato camlink 4k. I had optimised the in-camera settings for use as a webcam during the past months of Zooming everyday.
      My attempted fixes so far:
      - I reverted all my in-camera settings back to my usual, non-webcam settings.
      - I updated the firmware to the latest version.
      -  Many google searches to see if anyone else has had and posted a fix to this issue. 

• By Vahnrynox
      Anyone have an issue with the command dial T not working after the firmware update? Please help. Thank you 
    • Fujifilm has a standalone raw converter program that turns your raw images into either jpeg or tiff files. It has quite a few tools, of course you can then import the jpeg or tiff files into image editors for further processing if you want. https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/compatibility/software/raw-file-converter-ex-powered-by-silkypix/ https://fujifilm-x.com/en-us/support/download/software/raw-file-converter-ex-powered-by-silkypix/
    • What do you thing to add your work on Wikipedia ? i stat some day ago something similar on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fujifilm_X-mount#:~:text=Pro%3B 26 mm-,Third Party X mount lenses comparizon,-[48][edit]  
    • I am using a Fuji xt30. When I go into the Q menu I can alter the choices, for example to change the ISO, using the touch screen. However, when I try to do this with the rear command dial, it does not toggle between the options. How do I reset or get the rear command dial to do this? thanks  Ravenstonedale
    • Hey Folks- new Fujifilm XE-4 owner looking to upgrade my photo editing skills by using the RAW files to produce a final product rather than the jpegs.  Unfortunately my iMac Photos does not support the RAW files from the E-4.  I just learned that even the most recent version of the iMac iOS system (Big Sur) doesn't support the XE-4 RAW images.  So I'm seeking input on a photo editor that runs on an older iMac (2012 year model w/ 8 mgs of RAM, Intell Core i5 processor and plenty of hard drive storage) that does support Fujifilm XE-4 RAW images.  I am not a professional photographer, just an amateur looking to upgrade his skill and craft.  TIA for suggestions and advice. 
    • Left Olympus this week New X-T3, 16-55, 50-230xc, 50 2.0 even trade for My Olympus Gear. Previously Shot with Fuji X-T1. Exited and looking forward to shooting and editing new Images.