Cable for XH-1 & XPro 3 For Off Camera Flash

All, I'm looking at the Canon OC-E3 to cable my Fujifilm EF-X500. I'd mount the flash and camera on an "L" shaped bracket.

I've made inquires on DPreview, and on Amazon. The Amazon customer replies are scaring the heck out of me!!! Two people responding seem to predict I will short out my devices.

I've got a friends wedding coming in the Fall. I'd like the option to use the flash of camera, as some years ago I did (with long gone Fuji camera and flash). 

Why doesn't Fuji make a cable? Can anyone recommend a cable they have used with Fuji equipment?

Everyone has been so great in these forums! Thank you in advance for your recommendations.

Edited by Jazz1
The Velo cable does not fit the Fujifilm XH-1 after all

The off-camera cable is like an extension cord. In this case it has four terminals, whether used on a Canon or on a Fuji camera. The important point is Canon and Fuji use each line for a different purpose. A Fuji flash mounted on a Fuji camera works fine. A Fuji flash attached to an extension cable that has four lines that meet the terminals? That'll work fine on a Fuji camera. I have a Canon extension cord that's more than ten years old. It used to connect my Canon A2 to a 540EZ flash. Now I attach my X-H1 to the cord to a Fuji EF-42 and it works exactly as I would want. Don't hesitate to buy the Canon or the Vello-for-Canon cords. If you deal with one of the big New York stores where you can actually talk to an informed sales rep you can get the right fancy or budget cable.

15 hours ago, Ben Bishop said:

The off-camera cable is like an extension cord. In this case it has four terminals, whether used on a Canon or on a Fuji camera. The important point is Canon and Fuji use each line for a different purpose. A Fuji flash mounted on a Fuji camera works fine. A Fuji flash attached to an extension cable that has four lines that meet the terminals? That'll work fine on a Fuji camera. I have a Canon extension cord that's more than ten years old. It used to connect my Canon A2 to a 540EZ flash. Now I attach my X-H1 to the cord to a Fuji EF-42 and it works exactly as I would want. Don't hesitate to buy the Canon or the Vello-for-Canon cords. If you deal with one of the big New York stores where you can actually talk to an informed sales rep you can get the right fancy or budget cable.

Thank you for the helpful advice. I did call Fujifilm USA. Very nice rep. didn't know if the Canon cable would work. Someone is his office uses a Canon cable. But, as they are working from home he couldn't check the cable.

I'll order the Canon today and start practicing my off-camera flash skills, which at this writing is non-existent ;)

I'm having a ball with the XH-1, my XPro-3 is "crying" in the dry cabinet ;)

Thanks again!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 10:23 AM, Ben Bishop said:

Thanks for share this informative post.