Sign in to follow this  
Roger Solbakke

Custom settings influence on other film simulations - X100V

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I have created my own 7 Custom Settings for Film Simulation with different values for Grain Effect, Color Chrome effect, WB, DR, Sharpness etc...etc. When I choose one of the 7 Film Simulations from the Q-menu all the added settings working correct. But if I choose another Film Simulation from the main menu, the values from the last used Custom Setting are following. This is irritating and didn't happen on my X100F. Anyone with experience in this matter?

Edited by Roger Solbakke
Problem

Sounds like you are selecting 'Film Simulation' from the main menu instead of 'Select Custom Setting' which is another option further down. The latter is the same as the one you are successfully using in the Q menu. The former will only change the film sim. Why not just use the Q menu?

On 6/26/2020 at 10:53 AM, Slugoon said:

Sounds like you are selecting 'Film Simulation' from the main menu instead of 'Select Custom Setting' which is another option further down. The latter is the same as the one you are successfully using in the Q menu. The former will only change the film sim. Why not just use the Q menu?

Always when selecting Custom Setting I can select one of the 7 I made and it works fine. But if I want to select another film sim. that is not among the 7, I want all the setting to 0 which seams not possible without changing them manually. Even if I Change from the q menu..

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am surprised by your statement that this doesn’t happen on your F. Because I believe that is exactly how my F behaves. I will try later today.

As a workaround, you could always dedicate one custom setting to “everything on zero”.

Edited by johant

On 6/29/2020 at 9:53 AM, johant said:

I am surprised by your statement that this doesn’t happen on your F. Because I believe that is exactly how my F behaves. I will try later today.

As a workaround, you could always dedicate one custom setting to “everything on zero”.

Ok, so maybe I remember wrong about my previous F... Yes you are right about dedicating one of the 7, good idea! Thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By AKXt2
      Hello Everyone, 
      I just picked up an XT2 and this is my first Fuji camera, really excited about using it. I've been watching a lot of youtube videos and reading forum post to familiarize myself with the camera and its settings. I am very impressed by the film simulations but really confused on how to use them in conjunction with RAW files. I was under the impression that if I shoot RAW+JPEG(Fine/Norma) with a film simulation selected (e.g. Chrome). Simulation is applied to JPEG only and RAW file is pure raw without any processing that I can edit however I want in post processing. But I took the camera out for the first time and realized the film simulation is applied to both JPEG and RAW. Is there a way to shoot with film simulation applied to JPEG but get unprocessed RAW files from XT2? 
      Thanks for everyone's help in advance! 
    • By 。。。DTB 。。。
      I created this slideshow of images that I took of a maiko walking around Miyagawacho, in Kyoto, this September. I edited all of the images in Capture One using Fujifilm's new film simulation, classic negative. When Fujifilm provides the X-T3 with classic negative via a future firmware update, I am sure it will be even better. However, I am liking the new film simulation already for street photos. What do you think of classic negative for your own photos?
      Fujifilm X-T3 , Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Fringer EF-FX Pro ii 

• By 。。。DTB 。。。
      I created this slideshow of images that I took of a maiko walking around Miyagawacho, in Kyoto, this September. I edited all of the images in Capture One using Fujifilm's new film simulation, classic negative. When Fujifilm provides the X-T3 with classic negative via a future firmware update, I am sure it will be even better. However, I am liking the new film simulation already for street photos. What do you think of classic negative for your own photos?
      Fujifilm X-T3 , Canon EF 300mm f4L IS, Fringer EF-FX Pro ii 

• By Taranis
      If you shoot F-Log with the X-T3, you might find this interesting:
      DR100 film simulation LUTs:
      DR400 film simulation LUTs:
      More details here: http://colorizer.net/index.php?op=xt3
    • By DS122
      Hi!
      Fuji X-E3 for me is like my guitar processor - rule in few presets and then use them when needed.
      This is great concept. There are a lot of great preset recommendations around.
      I like very much photos from Tony Levin, famous bass player (David Bowie, King Crimson, etc).
      Like this one:

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. More here.
      Can you help me with camera quick settings that can bring similar result? Something like "Tony Levin Settings"
      I am shooting jpeg only and do not use post processing or any other adjustments.