XT-10 FAULT - Multiple Shutter Burst on power up, Inactive Camera

danr

Hi - hope someone can help with this as the Fuji repair quote is more than a replacement used unit!

Has anyone experienced the same thing?

XT 10 w/ xf35mm f1.4

When I turn camera on with or without lens attached I get the following problem:

While trying to find focus, shutter fires in 2 bursts, each of 3 or 4 actions, a pause and then a final burst which ends with the shutter being closed, so that display is black.

Occasionally the final burst lands on an open shutter of half-open.

It then beeps and I get a flashing red light above the Q button.

From the ONLY button that works is the PLAY (triangle) button which does access the memory card. This is also the only way I can access settings (by hitting play first).

Shutter release will not fire.

Exposure compensation icon is greyed out on the display.

From here the camera just sits in zombie mode while continually trying and failing to find focus (whether in M, C, or S setting), until I shut it down at which point I get another single shutter burst.

I have upgraded firmware to camera and lens to the latest version.

Thanks!

Only other thing I can access is firmware update, by powering up camera with back button depressed. Upgraded to latest version but fault still there 😔 I read about similar issues on x-t10 which needed replacement of main board, probably not worth doing financially though 🤔