X-T3 video file size issue

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm shooting video on an X-T3 and running into a file size problem. The file seems to corrupt when it hits the size of 4.29gb

For example: after transfering to my Mac, the video duration will be listed as 10 mins, but it will only play up to around the 5 minute point and then freeze. Looking at the transfered file size it will be listed as 4.29gb. So it appears to hit a wall at this size.

But if I watch the video on the camera it will play the full 10 minute video. So it's not corrupted in camera. Just in the process of transferring out.

I'm on a Mac, with OS Extended (Journaled) so no file size limit there? I've tried transfering, using Image Capture, on two different Macs - 10.14.6 and 10.12.5

I've updated the camera to the latest firmware 3.21

My SD disk is 64GB Sandisk Extreme Pro 170MB/s  - so this should work?

So I'm stumped as to why it wont transfer out of my camera to the Mac?

Many thanks!

This shouldn't happen - what do you see if you look at the files on the card without transferring them?

How large are they?

Try reformatting the card in the camera and create another video (over 4GB) - then look at the file on the card without transferring it - is there a single file and how large is it?

Thanks for everyone's help.

The video clip plays in camera, so it's not corrupted at source. It's just in the process of transfer to my mac and always hits a 4.29gb wall. I'm doing a direct transfer from camera, and I think this is the problem.

I don't know how to check the file size of the video clip in camera, but I'm postive it's over 4.29 gb.

It's about 10 mintes long, and only plays for 5 mins before freezing - after transferring. So my guess is its about 8gb in size, and for whatever reason the Xt3 transfer process limits it to 4.29gb, even though the firmware was updated to record clips longer than this.

Based on the other thread, listed above with the same problem, I've ordered a card reader so hopefully that will solve the problem!

I'll report back later with an update.