I uploaded a video to illustrate the problem.

at 0:07 in the video I mean FOUR point zero. Just to clarify my weird talking.

has this happen to anybody before? I noticed this once last week when I got the camera but now it happens every 2-3 times I start up the camera. I did a reset but it doesn’t help. I’m using the original battery, so I don’t know what’s wrong. Could be a software glitch cause shutting it off and on again fixes it temporarily until it’s glitching again. 

Edited by editor0range

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This same thing is happening to my camera. It doesn't happen all the time. Id say one in every 15 times it is switched on. I then have to switch it off then back on again to cure the problem.

Did you manage to resolve the issue or find out why it might be happening?

47 minutes ago, Connor H said:

This same thing is happening to my camera. It doesn't happen all the time. Id say one in every 15 times it is switched on. I then have to switch it off then back on again to cure the problem.

Did you manage to resolve the issue or find out why it might be happening?

Yeah, that sounds right in terms of frequency of occurrence. No resolution or even determination of cause unfortunately, just confirmation its quite common in the Facebook group, and its not limited to exposure compensation, but any other front-dial activity :(

16 minutes ago, Connor H said:

It has to be a problem with the firmware, surely? I'm inclined to send it for repair but because it happens infrequently I'm put off sending it back should they not be able to replicate the issue. 

Surely Fuji must be aware of this problem.

I'm 90% sure it's firmware related. It's far too inconsistent to be a hardware issue. I reached out to Fuji Repair a few months ago and they had not heard of the issue and advised I send it in, but somebody on Facebook said sending it in did nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello- I am having a similar issue with my XT3. I upgraded the firmware when it came out and never connected that the issue may be the firmware. I have my front dial set to change the ISO when shooting and to scroll the photos in playback.

But sometimes (not all the time, just enough to catch me off guard and frustrate me) when I go to scroll photos or change the ISO, it will either go in the wrong direction, or not go at all. Usually turning it off and back on does the trick, but yesterday I had to take the battery out several times. 

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thanks!