Location Data logging incorrectly

Terboy

Hi, I've had my X-T4 Black body since the 29th May. Today I went out on my first real shoot and opted to have GPS location inserted in the Photo's Metadata. This is accomplished in conjunction with the Fuji Camera Remote App. During my 1 hour walk-about the viewfinder/screen was constantly showing a little red icon presumably indicated logging of the GPS coordinates. I use Lightroom CC to organise my shots and this allows you to view the location where you took the shot. On import all the photos contained GPS data and yet when viewed on a map it showed that the location data was defaulting to my home location. In other words the location was incorrectly logged.

Has anybody else tried this function? Did it work as expected?

I use an iPhone 8 withe the latest version of iOS and the latest update of the Camera Remote App.

Thank you for any help you could give.

A blinking red icon means that the current GPS location was NOT acquired. Instead, the last known GPS location (your home) is being written into image EXIF data. You must wait until the blinking red icon becomes white, then you will have correct GPS location.

Yes, it works when GPS icon is white.

Gosh, thanks! It did cross my mind that the Red colour might indicate a warning! Trouble is the app is so hit and miss! I think I’ll go back to the Geotagger app that records your GPS position at intervals you determine then when importing photos into LR you also import the track log and it matches the time on the photo with the time (or near it) the GPS position was taken. Thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my X-T4, and use GPS with my other Fujifilm cameras, I believe you need to update the location information if you move, if the old GPS information is stale, the icon turns red and is prompting you to update it. Another option is to get a GPS app on you mobile device, record your movements, save it to a GPX file to sync to your photos in Lightroom. Make sure the time on both the phone and camera are correct.