Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello there :)

I've been experimenting with Fuji Jpeg Recipes and love the look.
But being a perfectionist I want the best of both worlds, the look from the jpegs and the flexibility from the raw file.
Is there a way to have the in camera settings "stick" to the raw files?
Whenever I open them up in Lightroom, all I'm left with is the raw image.
Or is there a was to save the recipes as Lightroom presets?

Cheers :) 

Posted (edited)

I know that Capture One reads the film simulation you've used while shooting and applies that as standard to the raw when importing. You can always go back to 'pure' raw (either manually per image or as setting in batch mode).

I'm not a Lightroom user anymore (for obvious reasons).

Edited by Herco

What LR version are you using? From what I understand the latest version does feature Adobe's interpretation of the Film Simulations, but also they're not as accurate as what PhaseOne delivered in C1.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use a combination of Capture One Pro and LR.  Capture ONE def has the film simulations and I know LR did as well though I have not used them in quite some time.  I do not think they are in LR by default. You may need to add them.  I'd go to the Adobe LR website and poke around there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• First of all the upgrades are for the positive most times.  It's a Fuji thing.  Compared to other camera companies they are always updating and making their cameras better. Not sure about the XT4 freezing issues but I'm sure they've been addressed in firmware.  However I use the XT1, XT2, XH1, and the GFX system and I've NEVER had an issue.  
    • jerryy, Thanks for the advices. I really appreciate it. I have figured out as You have given hints about that I need to use more and more manual settings. Just I do not know enough so far what to change and to what value (or range). But I will start with what You suggested. I suppose as times goes and I learn more bit by bit and with trail and errors it will be easier. I used shutter speed Auto before but then I saw an "expert" saying 1/200 or 1/250 would be better so I tried that (just cha
    • HI there, i am a bit confused and hesitant. I am considering buying an X-T4 but seeing lots of people writing about them freezing amongst other issues. Also, having to continually update firmware seems like a pain especially given you need readers etc... What if you don't update ? Are all mirrorless like this ? No such hassles with DSLR's.  Can someone explain all this for me. Cheers.
    • yeah in the end i did. When i got it i immediately updated the firmware to the latest one. But i think i'm in love. this camera is great
    • That’s just the way it is