Why is there no build in GPS at X-T30?

Mat

Hi

I know the paring mode with a smartphone to get pictures GPS tracked. But that is not really comfortable, it's quite rickety and awkward so I never do it. Why is there no build in GPS-Tracker?

Mat

Almost every smartphone has GPS without causing huge battery drain. I had several Sony compact cameras (like Sony HX90V)  the last years where GPS was build in without any huge battery drains.... Also Sony Alpha 6600, which is similar to the Fuji X-T30, does not have any GPS. There must be another reasons, no? Marketing? Still wondering....

Edited by Mat
spelling corrected

There is a good chance it is to reduce heat (and battery drain). Constantly running GPS does use a lot of juice and generates a lot of heat. If you are trying to capture video you will notice the camera warm up compared to when you are trying to capture stills. Adding the heat from a constantly running GPS could easily send the camera into thermal overload and cause it to shutdown. Heat is not friendly to cameras or cell phones for that matter:

https://lifehacker.com/why-is-my-cellphone-burning-a-hole-in-my-pocket-5828090

Ok. The camera warms up even when I browse through the settings for a while... and even without GPS, the battery last not that long. The build in 4 quad-core CPU seems to be the problem. It produces to much heat and consumes to much energy..... 😞