Sign in to follow this  
fuji29832

Webcam X issues with X-T3 - just shows logo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Anyone get the Fujifilm X Webcam driver to work yet? I have not.

I am using X-T3 with latest firmware (3.21).

Set Pre-AF to ON.

Set Connection Mode to USB AUTO.

Set Drive Setting to "S".

Using Windows 10 Pro. Restarted computer after X Webcam driver installation.

On both Skype and Google Meet, all I see is a "Fujifilm X Webcam" white on black logo when I switch to Fujifilm webcam. Same thing with Connection Mode set to USB Fixed. Tried different USB-A ports on computer and different USB cables.

The webcam driver is not seeing the body.

Make sure you are using a data cable. Charge-only USB-C cables will cause this. Lots of USB-A to USB-C cables in particular are data only.

if you don't get a camera detection by Windows when you plug in the cable and turn on the camera, it's probably the cable.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Same settings as fuji29832. After using my X-T3 as a webcam for > 1hour, I had the same symptom : "Fujifilm X Webcam" white on black logo. Changing the USB_C cable did not solve the problem. As it seemed to me that the X-T3 was a bit hot, I switched it off to cool it down. I tried again to use it as a Webcam approximately 2 hours later and... everything was working fine again !  

Put everything in auto and drive in S (check the other settings according to the manual).  Then (important) turn the camera on before you connect the USB.  When you connect the USB, you get some folders opening up on your screen.  Ignore them.  Finally, connect to Zoom or whatever you are using.

Also, Webex doesn't work with all software.  For me, it works with Zoom and not with Camtasia.  I haven't tested Teams, Skype, etc.

Paul

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Interesting. I'm on firmware 1.01 for X-S10. X Webcam 2 doesn't detect the camera. But X Acquire does and I can save camera settings to a file. I also have an X-T200 and a6400. With X-T200 the :regular webcam works and but definitely not compatible with X Webcam 2. Even on a newer, clean-install computer, no luck with X-S10 and X Webcam 2. 
    • I'm using PC, and it definitely works, just so control over settings in the app or camera. With the X Webcam option in the cameras menu, I find it hard to believe that Fuji said it was not supported?
    • Thanks 0301chris for checking and confirming. This is disappointing to hear. From a cost/features/build standpoint, the X-S10 looks good. But I expect Fuji to live up to their part of the bargain - if they market certain features to be supported, then it should do just that. So at this point, not only does the X-S10 not work with X Webcam 2, without USB tethering, it will not even work as a regular webcam! At least the X-T200 does. In comparison, I find if Sony states it has featu
    • Second day of shooting with my XT3. Still trying to dial in some of the settings/shooting process for me, but the camera is a joy to use as a tool.  Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • Talked to Fuji support. they confirmed that the camera is not compatible with x webcam 2 despite their claims. I am so annoyed at Fuji after they refused to allow the x-t30 to be used over USB. and now this. I returned the camera. there are no technical reasons, these are just marketing decisions.