Webcam X issues with X-T3 - just shows logo

Anyone get the Fujifilm X Webcam driver to work yet? I have not.

I am using X-T3 with latest firmware (3.21).

Set Pre-AF to ON.

Set Connection Mode to USB AUTO.

Set Drive Setting to "S".

Using Windows 10 Pro. Restarted computer after X Webcam driver installation.

On both Skype and Google Meet, all I see is a "Fujifilm X Webcam" white on black logo when I switch to Fujifilm webcam. Same thing with Connection Mode set to USB Fixed. Tried different USB-A ports on computer and different USB cables.

• 1 month later...

The webcam driver is not seeing the body.

Make sure you are using a data cable. Charge-only USB-C cables will cause this. Lots of USB-A to USB-C cables in particular are data only.

if you don't get a camera detection by Windows when you plug in the cable and turn on the camera, it's probably the cable.

• 1 month later...

Same settings as fuji29832. After using my X-T3 as a webcam for > 1hour, I had the same symptom : "Fujifilm X Webcam" white on black logo. Changing the USB_C cable did not solve the problem. As it seemed to me that the X-T3 was a bit hot, I switched it off to cool it down. I tried again to use it as a Webcam approximately 2 hours later and... everything was working fine again !  

• 3 weeks later...

Put everything in auto and drive in S (check the other settings according to the manual).  Then (important) turn the camera on before you connect the USB.  When you connect the USB, you get some folders opening up on your screen.  Ignore them.  Finally, connect to Zoom or whatever you are using.

Also, Webex doesn't work with all software.  For me, it works with Zoom and not with Camtasia.  I haven't tested Teams, Skype, etc.

Paul

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same issue but I'm 100% sure it is not the camera nor its settings.

For context. I have 3 Lenovo Thinkpad laptops. All three laptops have the same driver for the camera, all have the same Xwebcam2 application (used same installer).

Of the three laptops, only the most recent one has this issue, regardless of USB port used.

Using the Device Manager I can confirm all laptops see the same device, with the same device driver, but for the newer laptop, Xwebcam2 never sees the camera.

Looking at the feed on my video conference call I see no error message (fuji displays slightly different images to show connections, battery or temp errors, but none here, picture below).

Also, this is regardless of the vide conference sw. Old laptops work in zoom/teams, new laptop doesn't work in any (as the camera is never seen by the fuji sw).

Might be some restrictions on windows (corporate/domain) that break this, but also looked at Windows Event manager and saw no errors related to the camera.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2021 at 1:35 AM, Gio.S. said:

I have the same issue but I'm 100% sure it is not the camera nor its settings.

For context. I have 3 Lenovo Thinkpad laptops. All three laptops have the same driver for the camera, all have the same Xwebcam2 application (used same installer).

Of the three laptops, only the most recent one has this issue, regardless of USB port used.

Using the Device Manager I can confirm all laptops see the same device, with the same device driver, but for the newer laptop, Xwebcam2 never sees the camera.

Looking at the feed on my video conference call I see no error message (fuji displays slightly different images to show connections, battery or temp errors, but none here, picture below).

Also, this is regardless of the vide conference sw. Old laptops work in zoom/teams, new laptop doesn't work in any (as the camera is never seen by the fuji sw).

Might be some restrictions on windows (corporate/domain) that break this, but also looked at Windows Event manager and saw no errors related to the camera.

This is a helpful information for us. It has been describe very well about webcam, which is correct.

Edited by sctraffic

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was looking for this issue and found this forum. Just wanted to write here how I solved it.

In my case I had the same problem as you all. And what was causing the issue was an open software.

Capture One was controling the camera by tethering and didn't let it work as webcam or in any other way. 

So, make sure you don't have any other photography software running (even in second plane).

Hope it can be usefull for you as well.(and apologize my english).

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have a connectivity issue? I am trying to use X-T2 as a webcam using the latest software on Win 11, but when I start a video call with Zoom, it works for 3~4 secs and then the webcam software crash.

Tried with an object without moving it, and it seems like it works longer, but eventually the webcam software crash as well...

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

The solution for me using fujifilm xt3 & the fuji x webcam app for zoom was setting shutter speed to 30, ISO to auto, aperture 0 on the camera. Also make sure video settings on camera are set to 25 or 30 fps.

Before I found this solution - I had the same issues with the fuji webcam app greying out and not launching, on zoom the fujifilm placeholder card was showing instead of the camera feed. But when I changed the shutter dial to 30, the camera feed just started working I didn't even need to launch the fuji webcam app.

I think its because zoom etc is looking for the frame rate input to its system to match what the camera is telling it, so if you set the shutter speed to auto (as I have seen recommended on tutorials for this) its not recognising the input