Exposure preview with fast shutter speeds

Tom_1

Hi,

I am having issues with preview on LCD /EVF with fast shutter speeds. The EVF / LCD live preview while shooting stays the same within fast shutter speeds like 1/1600, 1/2500 or 1/4000. When I take the photo, than it is nearly black with 1/4000 (fastest speed on GFX mechanical shutter). But the lcd/evf preview is the same as for 1/1600s.  So I might be taking photos without knowing these will be very dark.

I asked a friend who has X-H1 and it is the same. So this is obviously a feature, not a bug.

This is not a EVF / LCD brightness issue. The EXP preview is ON of course. The only workaround I found is to set "Preview Pic Effect to ON" (Natural Live View OFF in some models like X-H1). But it is very inconvenint (lower dynamic range).

So obviously Fujifilm offers us a "raw" preview with all the wide beautiful dynamic range BUT they do not allow us to have such preview for a few fastest shutter steps. Why on earth? Am I missing something? Thank you so much for any idea or even help.

• 1 month later...