Which should I keep, Pentax S.M.C. or Canon FD?

7rvar

I have collected more lenses than I have occasion to use. 

I have a canon FD 50 1.4 S.S.C. and 135 2.5 S.C. along with a metabones speedbooster.  This was fine, I planned to purchase these. 

Then I got a nice package of camera gear that included Pentax SMC 50 1.7 and 135 2.5... I already had an SMC Takumar 55 1.8 in m42 mount. 

I had planned to add a 24mm as well. 

I rarely use any of these and I should sell one line of lenses. I like the Pentax lenses, they're compact, well built and produce good results. On the other hand I have the speed booster for FD mount along with an old Canon AE-1 film camera that, although I rarely, if ever, use film, has some sentimental value. 

I'm more inclined to actually use the Pentax lenses but I have more reasons to keep the Canon set.

I could just keep everything but it seems excessive. Especially as I've filled out my Fuji lens collection.

Storage is more of a worry than the money aspect to be honest. 

What would you do?

• 1 year later...

You probably have made a decision already ;) but I am very surprised that you haven't gotten any response to your question.

My copy of the SMC Takumar 135mm suffered from CA a lot. I never tried any Canon FD lenses, so I can't say how they compare.

OTOH, my SMC Takumar 55/1.8 is one of my favourite lenses.

It's a silly question. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're silly. Others' opinion is good, but in the end you have to decide by yourself. I guess you have tried all those lenses and, as you wrote, Pentax should be your favourite. Well kee it and sell the other if you don't mind.

Actually I'm a little fond for Takumar lenses because they have a particular light. Like every other lens, obviously. But I find it particular, so I usually keep and use those lenses, more than all the other lenses I own.