Lightroom CC 2015 1.1 is still horrible bad with Xtrans files...

@gdugic:

Thanks for pointing out RAW Therapee.

Since my C1 Express 7. something keeps on craching under W10, I was looking at other RAW converters. Played around with Darktable under Ubuntu, but I couldn't find my way so easily.

I now had a first try with RAW Therapee and at first impression I like it.

René.

Downlod haldclut tables and import it in RT and you have a large base of different profiles. Fuji, Kodak, Agfa... B&W and color profiles. All kinds of film simulations.

RT also has its own automatic lens correction algorithm that works pretty well.

• 4 weeks later...

Did a quick few tests today and the fine detail is still just not there in Lightroom, I'm probably going to transition to Sony for professional work as I love the workflow of LR and using thing like VSCO.

Damn shame that Adobe just can't figure it out.

Lightroom on the left, Iridient on the right.

GqyJUDP.jpg

• 4 months later...

I found Raw Therapee + HALD CLUT profiles + right camera ICC profiles the best combination so far, and is free software! Suits my taste and with a bit of practice it produces results almost identical with OOC JPGS in terms of color rendering with the advantage of Raw editing. The only downside is that above 2500 ISO the other coverters do a better job but I rarely go so high.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

old thread... I know, but hope you are still following:
where did you find the "right camera ICC" you mentioned?
I searched for a while but don't seems fujifilm provide it, it does? (I'm looking for x-t10 and x-t1 ICC)
regards
Sandro

• 4 months later...

Just came back from shooting foliage in Western Massachusetts. Here is a snippet of one image processed with LR and one processed with Iridient and imported into LR as a TIFF.  The image was made during zero wind--just absolutely still. The screenshot is from the LR Compare window. Both were sharpened with Bridgwood's  35-1-100-10 setting. The magnification is 2:1. The screenshot is from a 4K iMac.

I can just start seeing a difference at 2:1 and a little more at 3:1. I can't see a difference at 1:1.  I wouldn't say the LR version has "watercolor" degradation but the Iridient is a little sharper. 

Iridient is painfully slow on my iMac to first render and to show slider changes.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/444303/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-15%20at%2012.53.37%20PM.jpg

Another experiment, which comes from https://thelightweightphotographer.com/2016/10/03/fuji-xtrans-iii-raw-files/

I used his settings ( 36-0.6-57-10) and then used Nik Sharpener RAW at its default settings.  

Here is the comparison to Iridient. Pretty close at 2:1 magnification. My screen is a 5K, not 4K as mentioned above. Iridient still has a slight edge but I don't know if it's actually meaningful. In any event, this is a long way from "watercolor" effect.

Stan

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/444303/Screen%20Shot%202016-10-16%20at%2012.00.56%20PM.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

What in hell happened with LR CC? Updated to the 2015.7 version and suddenly importing pictures goes at least 4 times faster! Rendering goes much faster too. And, as bonus, the accuracy in fine detail is improved. Anyone with the same findings?

;-D Hans

Much faster, yes.

Fine detail was already fine enough for my non-pixelpeeping needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all just one question .. what do you think about this article that show lightroom can do the same thing that c1.

http://lightroomkillertips.com/brilliant-article-martin-evening-lightroom-vs-capture-one-pro/

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Well, the author has worked for Adobe, so I'd already start out by saying 'take it with a grain of salt'.

That said, I use Lightroom all the time, unless you are uber picky about pixel level detail on big screens you'll be fine. My reference is still the print, and I've not seen any difference in print quality whatsoever between the C1 and Lightroom in anything I've printed lately, up to 1,5m x 1m. And my web images get reduced anyway, so you can't even see the detail in those.

Edited by Tom H.