XT-2 NOT TURNING ON

Hi guys,

Hope you're all well.

My Fuji randomly stopped turning on a few weeks ago. The screen turns on but not completely (as seen on the attachments). Changing to the Viewfinder also doesn't work, shutter doesn't go off...nothing works. When I turn it off, the screen stays on; I have to remove the battery for my camera to shut down. I've interchanged between my 3 batteries multiple times, and the problem persists.

I've looked for solutions on forums, but never found anything that fits. Tried updating the firmware through an SD card but the camera won't even turn on for the update to begin in the first place.

Any tips? I'd love to hear from you guys!

Cheers,

Ibra

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't mean to be flippant, but... have you called Fujifilm?
I've found them very good for problem-solving (my registered products) - though don't know if they're fully staffed/up during COVID-19 times, as they're in NJ, which is hard-hit now.  But I have two XT-2's, never experienced anything like this, and when there's an occasional glitch, staying on or non-responsive, or display awry, often just removing the battery (camera off position) and in again/on has reset it.  If your processor is fried, it's time to repair/replace. You don't mention if this is new or ancient, but obviously if under warranty, get thee there! From what you say, virtually no response on either display, but clearly on, something's up, sadly. Good luck. 

• 1 month later...