Fujifilm X-PRO2 rumors

Patrick FR

Tsk, tsk. Calling me a liar! This will be my last post on this matter. I had mistaken this forum to be polite. You know the backstory I posted in another thread regarding my IBELUX lens. I sold it to the camera store and applied the money towards X-Pro2 pre-order. The receipt has $1699 as the selling price. Of course if Fuji announces a lower price upon release, I will pay the lesser.

From what I've heard, in USA the X-Pro2 body should cost about $1,799 or $1,899. But I cross fingers that you local store is right :)

the way I see it , T-Man has just made a downpayment, the shop has probably no idea on the final price and will charge whatever the price will be when the camera is announced and when it will be available.

A discrepancy of $200 is a very serious one. Someone is obviously not right. FR is usually accurate.

[...] But I cross fingers that you local store is right :)

Well I know that some local shops are privy to a lot of things.

PCH in Belgium for example had a working X-T10 on display about two weeks before official launch date. When I noticed it, the manager just had a smug smile about it.

So I wouldn't be surprised if some shops would have more internal information hidden behind some NDAs.

we shall see, as for now, these are all only rumors about prices with wide variations and a downpayment which might be subject to changes (up or down). Since T-man says that he might pay less, this is obviously not a contract to provide the camera at that price, is just an amount paid upfront.

We will cross that bridge when we get there.

SO T-Man's price may go up $100.  As far as I see, he's just reporting what happened and what he knows.  $100 is not that huge of an increase in price is the store he put his deposit down got it wrong, but obviously they have some idea.  Even if it's $200, T-Man seems perfectly happy to pay the increase.  With his information, and Patrick's we have a good idea of what the cost will be and neither are that far apart from each other... $100-$200 dollars is not a substantial difference when you are talking about $1700.

It's interesting that there is no mention in any of the rumours of enhanced flash capabilities (apart from a slight increase in the sync speed). If Fuji still plan to introduce a more capable and robust flash system later in the year I would have thought that the new camera would anticipate that.

Really great to see so many frustrations addressed in this camera. 

Now,  I have to ask - is there any reason (apart from the tilting screen) to keep my XT-1  ?

The larger EVF, or more importantly its position, the control layout, the size, your budget etc etc.

It's not meant to replace the X-T1, it's a different beast that happens to get the latest updates before the X-T2 does.

There are appropriate topics to discuss the pros and cons of these personal choices. :)