Fujifilm X-PRO2 rumors

Patrick FR

I'm hoping, like Dan said, that it's the lift and turn dial that is on almost every film camera I've ever used.  The lock, now, only works to keep you from accidentally turning the dial out of Auto.  You want it to be easy enough to turn without moving your eye from the viewfinder...

At any rate, we'll see soon enough.

I can't recall which camera I used previously, had a combined dial button. I had to pull the outer dial/grip to turn the inner iso settings. It's spring loaded and when you let it go, it'll become the shutter dial grip again.

The lock button on the top only locks the shutter settings.

My bet is that the X-Pro2 combined buttons will perform this way.

they were, these dials , as others have said, a common feature in camera of the or ’70 of last century, but changing ISO ( back then it was still ASA and sometimes ASA/ DIN)  sensitivity had a completely different function.

You set it at the beginning of a film and for 36 shots you left it there and often one would use another film with the same sensitivity after finishing one and going to the next. In digital world I often adapt the sensitivity while shooting, so one is way more likely to fiddle with these dial that one ever did in those cameras.

Because of the nature of this electro-mechanical devise, operating this often might reveal itself to be prone to malfunctioning, but we know nothing about this problems and we’ll cross that bridge if and when we get there.

I agree, this kind of dial seems a pretty bad idea in the digital world. Because you change the ISO much more frequently on a digital camera. I see myself doing it every two or three shots in complicated light situations. That dial would make this extremly inconvenient. But I am pretty sure there will be an option to configure another button to quickly push or pull the ISO. You set the "base ISO" with that ISO dial and then you can quickly deviate from that using the customized button.

People, for the 100th time, the ISO / Shutter Speed dial is not going to lift up!

It won't be any more inconvenient or prone to failure than pressing the button on the X-T1 dials.

I am pretty sure it will lift up. It will be pretty much the same dial as the Fujifilm GF670 (wich came out just a few years ago). 

fujifgf670dial.jpg

There you press the unlock button in the middle to get out of Auto Shutter (the red "A") and you lift the dial to change the ISO.

But even if it doesn't, it would stil be inconvenient because you will have to remove your eye from the viewfinder to change the ISO using that dial.

It's inconvenient if you find setting the ISO on a X-T1 inconvenient, that i would agree with.

There are pros and cons to any locking button, but i like this implementation assuming it doesn't lift.

I am pretty sure it will lift up. It will be pretty much the same dial as the Fujifilm GF670 (wich came out just a few years ago).

Again a film camera where you only have to set it once after loading the film (if at all), and one that isn't weather resistant.

Lifting up is simply way too cumbersome, every x-photographer they had send it out to would have mentioned it. No way Fuji would let that slide.

Not to mention way too fragile or prone to dust and dirt - that doesn't fit the image of the rugged X-Pro built quality.

It's inconvenient if you find setting the ISO on a X-T1 inconvenient, that i would agree with.

Again a film camera where you only have to set it once after loading the film (if at all), and one that isn't weather resistant.

Lifting up is simply way too cumbersome, every x-photographer they had send it out to would have mentioned it. No way Fuji would let that slide.

Not to mention way too fragile or prone to dust and dirt - that doesn't fit the image of the rugged X-Pro built quality.

I would be much more disappointed if the lock button in the middle is not used to lock the auto shutter mode anymore - as I am used to from my X-Pro1. It would be the logical consequence if the dial would work as you have suggested. That's not going to happen.

I would be much more disappointed if the lock button in the middle is not used to lock the auto shutter mode anymore - as I am used to from my X-Pro1. It would be the logical consequence if the dial would work as you have suggested. That's not going to happen.

Well i'm sure they tightened it up nicely. :) And it's not one of those dials on the edge so it'd be difficult to bump at all i'd say.

I'm not a big dial bumper myself.

Trust me it's going to be, pure gold !

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I like the way changing the ISO value works on the X-Pro1 (default setting). You bring up the ISO selection with the Fn button, and cycle between the values using the thumb wheel. All without having to take your eye from the viewfinder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I shoot manual. Manual focus, manual exposure. I never use anything other than single shot. The only button I use on my X100T is the on/off switch. Otherwise it's set up and that's that. I never use film modes either. I also never crop, and only adjust exposure and sharpness in Lightroom if needed. And I do B&W conversions there also.

OK, so the buttons I can live with. It's just not buttons laid out cheaply. The part where we grip the camera with the most pressure is where they've decided to place most of the buttons. Those buttons don't have palm rejection technology, they are just buttons. This is bad design.

My personal opinion about this, and it's jut mine and I'm happy with people telling me I'm being an idiot, is that Fuji have become confused over the product they are delivering. This is not a general consumer camera aimed at people who'd spend £500 on a dirt cheap DSLR who want P mode and all those other modes I forgot. Like a little picture of some hills of a flower on a dial. The X range started with a very honest and concise understanding of why it existed, and I feel that vision has been lost to the marketing and engineering departments who need a: more things to talk about and b: more things to talk about.

It's not a better product because Fuji really give a shit about making it a better product. They've commoditised it beyond the point where the original philosophy can keep up.

So that's why I'm sad. And it's why I bought the M262, because it does one thing really well. I'd have bought the M60 but didn't have £12k. One day though, one day I will.

Good for you. I disagree with your analysis of Fuji's approach, but how you spend your hard-earned cash is your choice, and I hope that your Leica will be your perfect camera. I personally agree with the folks at DigitalRev (http://www.digitalrev.com/article/has-leica-lost-its-mojo/NDI0NjU5NTU5), that Leica has lost its way; huge, heavy, pricey cameras with nothing more to offer than the lovely Fujis. But it's not an issue for me since I've committed to Fuji and am very comfortable with my choice.

You've confused Fuji with Leica... or Pentax LOL

A common mistake. ;)

I like the way changing the ISO value works on the X-Pro1 (default setting). You bring up the ISO selection with the Fn button, and cycle between the values using the thumb wheel. All without having to take your eye from the viewfinder.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah i understand some might prefer it that way, and me too on occasion.

If they had send me one for testing, i would have insisted that they put a C option the ISO dial too. ^_^

The T option on the shutter speed dial already offers full control of the shutter speed electronically on the X-T1 .. so why not do the same with ISO.

Seems like a small effort to offer the option, and everybody's happy.

(I guess if they wanted to the same could still be done on A with a menu setting via firmware update, assuming it can't already. Basically disabling the dial on demand.)

made by FR-reader Lun :-)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Nice! 

This level of custom finishing is unfortunately unpractical and due to their inherent conservatism most customers have disappointed Fuji when they came with red or blue cameras.

I would love to have the leatherette of my camera updated but Asahi has never made a X-T1 version of his skins, go figure why!?

@https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsonkm0kEQ4