Fujifilm X-PRO2 rumors

Patrick FR

I hope theres more than 1 function button on this guy! 

But what also scares me is that 2-4 months after the Xpro 2 is announced there comes the X-E2s or X-E3. 

Smaller, lighter, cheaper, same new specs. 

Ahhh Decisions, Decisions. 

Already liking that they are keeping the rangefinder experience tho!

I hope theres more than 1 function button on this guy! 

But what also scares me is that 2-4 months after the Xpro 2 is announced there comes the X-E2s or X-E3. 

Smaller, lighter, cheaper, same new specs. 

Ahhh Decisions, Decisions. 

Already liking that they are keeping the rangefinder experience tho!

Most likely the 3 buttons on the D-Pad, as well as the click wheels will also serve as customizable function buttons, and who knows what the new joystick will be capable of.  Kind of hoping the one on top can be configured as a Wi-Fi button.

Is it possible to a have diopter correction dial on an OVF?  Figured you had to have the attachable lenses to achieve that...

just low resolution rather than out of focus...

If that is true, WHY is Fuji releasing such crappy low resolution "official" photos? Especially when you compare it to the front of the camera photo. 

I hope it's true, as I prefer the real buttons on my X-Pro1 to the small nondescript buttons on my X-T1. Yes, I know you can change them to do many things, but I prefer buttons that you can distinguish my shape. 

Most likely the 3 buttons on the D-Pad, as well as the click wheels will also serve as customizable function buttons, and who knows what the new joystick will be capable of.  Kind of hoping the one on top can be configured as a Wi-Fi button.

Is it possible to a have diopter correction dial on an OVF?  Figured you had to have the attachable lenses to achieve that...

As a farsighted guy I have to decide if I want a clear EVF or OVF. Both unfortunately isn´t possible. At least I don´t think so.

On my X-Pro1 I have +2 thus I see the EVF but I can´t use OVF anymore. Would be the same as if you try seeing the horizon with a reading glass and 2 dioptr. 

I'm getting mildly concerned about the sensor, having seen no clear information about it. I'm at least slightly concerned about seeing a great new body with the same old IMX071 (originally the Nikon D7000 sensor, adopted by the X-Pro 1 a few months later) we've had for years. Since, at least to me, the 5 year old sensor is the ONLY major weakness of the present high-end Fujis, that would be a deal-breaker. An X-T1 plus OVF (or X-Pro1 with the X-T1 AF and processor - pretty much the same thing) would be a great camera, but it isn't worth $1500+ when I already have an X-T1. I'm hopeful for a modern 24 MP (or greater) sensor...

Our lenses are MORE than ready for a new sensor - Fuji has the best overall lens lineup apart from Canon and Nikon FF (I'd take Fuji over Canon or Nikon APS-C - despite the overweight FF lenses at odd focal lengths that round out those lines). Almost all of our lenses are very high quality, and apart from the few XCs, are ready for 24 MP and beyond. I'd rather have the Fujinons than Sony's adapter flexibility, too - the adapters that preserve full functionality are of modest quality and add alignment variability, enough that a bad adapter could easily reduce the IQ from a 42 MP camera to below a really excellent lens on  24 MP.

The probable performance of a really modern sensor with X-Trans filtration is excellent... I'd say that the X-Trans II is about 25% better (purely my opinion, and purely visually) than a conventional (AA filtered) Bayer interpretation of the IMX071. If we can get about the same performance increment out of a good 24 MP sensor, we'll have a camera with slightly better IQ than any other APS-C body on the market (the no AA 24 MP bodies may well be very close except in moire-prone situations), and outclassed ONLY by the D810 and the A7rII - I'm deliberately excluding the Canon 5Ds, because it has limited DR, and there are enough times when extra DR gets the shot that I'd often rather have the extra DR than extra resolution - I have no question that the 5Ds is much better from a pure resolution standpoint. Most of the Sony native lenses (apart from a few bulky primes) don't really impress me, and I don't trust adapters. The D810 is, without question, a higher overall IQ solution, BUT a D810 and lenses of quality equivalent to the Fujinons (which means the heavier/bulkier Nikkors, not the lightest FF versions) is about TWICE the weight and sometimes as much as twice the price.

I'd love it when Fuji would introduce a 12MP sensor camera with real low noise, and a real high dynamic range. Think A7s-like.

Wishful thinking, I know ... the megapixel race is not done yet ...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agreed. 24MP is fine if it comes with other IQ improvements, but I'd rather a new 12 or 16MP sensor personally, because I don't need the extra resolution.

What do you think about the combined dial operation? I see no second lewer. Only the lock button is present in case this is the lock button.

As I understand, Pentax Spotmatic had a thin external ring around the dial. In bottom position is was coupled with the shutter dial and in top position - the ISO scale. Unfortunately the leaked X-PRO2 images have too small resolution to see weather the external ring is present.

If that is true, WHY is Fuji releasing such crappy low resolution "official" photos? Especially when you compare it to the front of the camera photo. 

It’s called creating mystery and interest ... rumors... the kind of stuff this site is based upon.

We don’t know what exactly was handed out and by whom to whom, the front pics are clear and the others are blown up low resolution things.

These things keep people interested and speculating.

Did anyone see the “ be patient and then you will know everything “ button yet? It’s there!  :rolleyes:

I guess the lock button is not a lock button. It could be that if you press it and turn the wheel it changes the ISO setting but also the shutter speed. So after setting ISO you have set the shutter speed again. To me this would be an acceptable compromise.

It's an unlock button. The outer ring is attached to the bottom ISO dial, but separated from the top. By default they are locked together and shutter speed is adjusted as you do normally, but pressing the button unlocks it so that only the ISO can be adjusted through the window, while the shutter speed stays in place.

By the way, here it is in Silver with black dials.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Those combined dials were quite common for a while - haven't seen one since the beginning of the digital era, but a ton of film cameras, including the Pentax K1000 that many photographers in their 30s, 40s and 50s learned on, had them. There were several mechanisms - the most common was "turn to set shutter speed, lift and turn for ISO", but central lock buttons also existed, and there may have been external lock buttons or other mechanisms (I think one camera had the ISO dial exposed through a cutout in the side of the shutter dial as well as the top, and you turned by grasping the inner dial at the cutout). I haven't played with old film cameras in quite a while, so I may not have any but the most common lift and turn mechanism quite right.

What do people think about the desirability of a different, larger battery? Li-Ion batteries come in a bunch of standard sizes - all the camera maker variations are really a few standard battery types that the camera makers move the contacts around on in order to sell batteries. The three that are of interest to mirrorless camera fans are all two-cell batteries in the 7.4 volt range (some fixed lens cameras use a single cell battery around 3.7 volts, and the largest pro DSLRs use three cell designs around 11 volts). The smallest is a ~700 mAh battery, used mainly in fixed-lens cameras, but also in some small Micro 4/3 and Nikon 1 cameras. The intermediate size, found in most mirrorless cameras and a few consumer DSLRs, is our NP-W 126 from the whole X line, as well as Sony's standard W50 from the A6000 and A7 series (among others) and Canon and Nikon variants for their smallest DSLRs. It holds around 1100 mAh, and gives about 300 shots. The X-Pro (and X-T) designs could easily accommodate the next size up, a ~2000 mAh battery found in many DSLRs and the Panasonic GH4. The advantage would be a lot more power for the dollar (they tend to be only $10-$20 more expensive, but last nearly twice as long) and somewhat more power for the weight (better ratio between cells and battery casing). The disadvantage would be that, unless Fuji designed a clever battery compartment that took both types, we'd need new batteries. A dual compartment is not impossible at all, but camera makers like to sell batteries :) .

Well we are only dealing with one type of ISO setting dial here used by various manufacturers at one time or another. How FUJI implements it should be interesting.

Batteries - I can buy extra batteries as needed, they aren't that expensive. However, I don't want to buy extra hazard/fire insurance because the batteries get hot and go up in flames. I will forsake long lasting batteries if it means safe batteries. So for me, number one concern is safety when it comes to batteries.