Fujifilm X-PRO2 rumors

Patrick FR

so, its down to a little more pixels, better autofocus, electronic shutter and more automatic exposure correction, maybe better video but that’s it?

Faster sync speed, HVF I guess, faster mechanical speed, dual SD, sealing. Quite great update over X-Pro1, real update over X-T1. The hard choice will be between X-Pro2 and X-T2.

Why? Unless you have a better crystal ball then mine  :D

That's quite usual situation. A manufacturer makes a camera. Than they wipe out all the bugs and add features users miss via the second generation. The third gen is usually just minor upgrade to up-to-date technologies. That's just statistics. Lot's of examples of different brands.

Faster sync speed, HVF I guess, faster mechanical speed, dual SD, sealing. Quite great update over X-Pro1, real update over X-T1. The hard choice will be between X-Pro2 and X-T2.

And a faster processor.  Sounds like a wonderful upgrade.

They didn't listen to a bunch of winers (who'll never be happy anyway) and throw everything but the kitchen sink at it.  I love it.  This is, and should remain, a shooters camera.  I hope they keep it this way...

Plus most or all of the refinements of the Fuji X100T and X-T1.  Several weeks ago, I shot an X-Pro1 body again after using the X100S/T and Fuji X-T1 for the last several years.  While using the X-Pro1, it felt outdated but not in a bad way--just the realization that Fujiflim has come a long way since 2011.  I imagine the X-Pro2 will be stellar so I'm not worried about functionality and performance.  

The big question for me is the sensor performance.  

I am really disappointed that there will be no Tilt Screen. Actually, I do not really care about the Pro2. But I guess it also means that the E3, if there will be one, will also have none.

When I bought my T1 I was not very excited about the Tilt Screen. But I soon found out how usefull it is in many situations. In fact, I think it helps creativity as it is easier to use unusual points of view.

So when I want to participate in the hopefully faster autofocus and higher ISO of the next generation I will be forced to buy another fake DSLR, and I really really hate fake designs. Not even the highly appreciated ISO dial can compensate that.

Looks to me that nowadays design has highest priority. The Pro despite its name is not the camera to give professionals a tool with all the best ingrediences from the Fuji stock. It is designed to look like an old fashioned Leica made for old men to make the dreams from their youth come true. And the more versatile T1 needs to look like a DSLR because that's how serious cameras look.

But probably I am just a grumpy old man who is disappointed that his current dream, an E3 with ISO dial, Tilt Screen, and high ISO performance like the Sony A7s II, will not come true

Well, at least for the time being, the rumors that I am hearing don't sound, to me, very exciting.

Not enough,anyway, to make me want to desire any upgrade. So I guess, I’ll wait and keep on enjoying what I have, which, realistically is way more than what I need.

I will urge myself and others to ponder on the eternal question whether to have is an addition to to be let alone an alternative.

Acquiring yet again another black fuji box containing a generation 2 will not change much in what most people are  or do with what they already have.

@ShutterNot:While there's life, there's hope

But I agree, like often, with milandro that whatever Fuji may pull from their hat, it will not make me a better photographer....but some things are just soo nice to have and a few more ISO stops with an autofocus that can keep track with the ISO would be helpful when I shoot at a blues concert or a party.

Agreed - it will not make one a better photographer, but much faster and more accurate focus would be great to have along with all the other improvements.

You can rationalize all you want with respect to not improving your skills, but there are many improvements that can make photography more enjoyable.

X-Pro2: SEE the FIRST IMAGES taken with Fujifilm X-Pro2, documenting The Day After the Terror Attacks in Paris!

at fujirumros here: http://www.fujirumors.com/see-the-first-images-taken-with-fujifilm-x-pro2-documenting-the-day-after-the-terror-attacks-in-paris/

Ahh was hoping for larger image, doesn't look all that different and the highlights look pretty much the same as current Fuji cameras.

I am really disappointed that there will be no Tilt Screen.

I had own a bridge Fuji camera, HS50, dirt cheap against any X-camera, and it's screen can be tilted, flipped, rotated, whatever... They call it "vary-angle". Very handy and helps for creativity.

Don't understand why such great and existing feature isn't goes to the top models, unless marketers are kept it as "last chance" for last runs.