Fujifilm X-PRO2 rumors

Patrick FR

this is the work of Aki Asahi

http://www.aki-asahi.com/store/

They might do the work for you, but it is very expensive and risky to ship and insure, cameras ( besides the problem is always to convince the tax office of your country that the camera that you are receiving was yours in the first place and was only temporarily exported for repairs!) and they normally only provide the cut skins and instructions for you to replace it yourself.

As you can see from the video it is not too difficult but it does require a minimum of precision working.

WARNING!

Be advised that removing the camera skin voids your guarantee but for most cameras that is already done and dusted.

Fuji UK does something similar at great expense if you compare the price but their work doesn’t void the guarantee ( X Pro 1 = £149 + shipping  X-E2 = £129 + shipping )

http://microsite.fuji-server.com/signature/

well, I wouldn’t go that far.

But since I am convinced that variety is the spice of life I welcome customization.

We are all different, we are differently built, have different level and types of education, live in different countries, have a different appearance, have different creeds and political affiliations and wear different clothes.

Some people enjoy looking like everyone else, some even like wearing uniforms. Some don’t.

I don’t wear an uniform in my everyday life and try my best to look good and different from other people (I might miserably fail but I do my best) taking pride and pleasure in my appearance. 

Similarly, I have chosen a car ( cheap, so, not a status symbol) in a colour ( Lime Green) which stood out, and when I bought it and still ( although there are many more now) turned heads ( although some  might have turned the other way in disgust). I don’t mind that! I am not looking for approval.

Having cars in different colours has been for many years the most basic way to customize an object which in its primeval life came out mostly in black only.

It was Henry Ford , whose political creed and dangerous and questionable friendship was very much hush hush after WWII ( see the decoration that he received the day of his 75th birthday in 1938 and who gave it to him! ) , who said that a customer could have a car painted any colour he liked, as long as it was black.

Now that is precisely the reason why I would take some distance from that level of uniformity, clearly a way of thinking about life that is most definitely not mine, as believed from people like him whom I intensely despise.

I joined this Forum in May, but have only started posting here this week.

I've been shooting with Leicas since the mid-1970s, starting with an M3 then M6, M7, M8, M9 and Monochrom, all of which I still have.  Along the way over 40 years I've accumulated an arsenal of Leica M & R lenses. I’ve also owned and used Hasselblad 500 series cameras with Zeiss lenses and a CFV-50 digital back, all recently sold. As my eyesight has lately started to deteriorate, focusing with the range finder and the Hassleblads has become trickier.

So I went out and bought a Sony A7r. Using manual focus and the focus magnification function has worked well both with my M lenses, and the R lenses for wildlife. However, somehow the “look & feel” of the Sony's images lacked “character" and seemed too “clinical” for my liking, this is purely my subjective opinion.

I ended up on this Forum after I purchased a Fuji X100T. I loved the images, but ergonomically I couldn’t come to terms with the camera’s size, my hands are too big for it.

As the X-Pro1 became heavily discounted a few weeks ago, and based on what I saw with the X100T images I thought I’ll give it a try, and purchased a new X-Pro1 and 18mm f2 lens for all of €570-.

From the outset I really liked this camera, it's handling and the images it delivers. Not since my Leicas have I seen images with such wonderful image quality and “character”.  As for high ISO shooting and straight out the camera JPEGs the Leicas can't match the Fuji

(I always shoot RAW + JPEG). Overall the Fuji images are right up there IMO.

I’ve since added a Fuji 23mm f1.4 and 35mm f2.
Financed the X-Pro1 and the 3 lenses by offloading my Leica 35mm Summilux f1.4. I’m also using my remaining Leica M lenses on the X-Pro1 with a Fotodiox LM-FX adaptor and the focus magnification function. Overall I’m very pleased!

In my view, ergonomically in general, Fuji have got it right over the digital Leicas; the ability to quickly change exposure compensation as well as ISO without having to take your eye off the viewfinder is a very big plus for me. The only issue is that I keep pressing the Q button by mistake...

I am eagerly anticipating the X-Pro2...

Some of my images: http://michali.zenfolio.com

A long time ago when I was buying my first camera with my own money, the salesman who was an old photographer advised, "I am a traditionalist. Black camera for work and a silver for fun!" This has stuck with me so far in life. I like the all black and black with silver accent finishes.

That man must have started later than me, When I started taking pictures there were only a couple of cameras in black, one was my Pentax ES.

Jeans came only in blue en weren’t sold in normal shops were other clothes were sold. Panta Rehi os potamos. Everything flows and changes, nothing stays still.

Just wondering, which is generally not a good sign.

Is there any chance FUJI will/might implement a PRO2 or some other new X body with a BAYER sensor ?

I have just been looking at some old pictures taken by an X100. Something about the colors. I have also seen lots of comments by other FUJI owners regarding the BAYER sensor.

Maybe I just stayed up too late last night :wacko: 

Fujifilm can just add an "M" together with the "A" in it's ISO selection on the pull up dial. When you set it to "M", iso is selected by pressing the custom Fn button next to the trigger like how we can on the X-Pro1. Otherwise, I think most people just leave it at "A".

That man must have started later than me, When I started taking pictures there were only a couple of cameras in black, one was my Pentax ES.

Jeans came only in blue en weren’t sold in normal shops were other clothes were sold. Panta Rehi os potamos. Everything flows and changes, nothing stays still.

It was the early '90s.

That is quite some time after the early ’70 when I started first shooting pictures for myself and then went to work as a studio assistant while studying. My first black camera was a Petax ES which I used at the studio where I worked.

I also bought the first camera ever with LED inside Yashica Electro X ITS, which existed both in silver and black. Mine was black. Very fetching. 

Back then the majority of the professional cameras where still produced in silver and black and much later you had cameras which were only made in black. 

Indeed there was this idea that “ black” was a pro color. I remember well that that affected anything among other things the “walkman” cassette recorder.

There were “ pro” black models of that too, but it wasn’t really clear to me which pro-fession was there which needed a device mostly targeted at listening to music while skating. Same thing for the Pro-Ghetto blaster!

Hi Patrick,

I was wondering what the chances are of the X-Pro 2 being compatible the same X-Pro 1 metal hand grip?

I'm guessing that the XP2 will have very slightly different dimensions or tripod thread placement!?

Thanks,
Andy

-

FUJI will have 2 months of sales using which sensor in the PRO 2 ? Does anybody other than FUJI really know ?

Some form of 24mp sensor (if photos from france were not faked)

Sony will need to release some new lenses as well, as their APS-C range is limited (although all their e-mount full frame lenses will work)

Apart from the brilliant 50mm F1.8 OSS (and very cheap) and the 35mm F1.8 OSS (cheap by Fuji standards) the rest of the APS-C lenses are very oridinary.

If the A6100 is priced at XT1 prices (which has been rumoured, and would fall in line with Sonys recent pricing structure), they will need to fill holes in the lens lineup

I think most X-Pro2 buyer couldn't care less about the Sony.

Sure, more megapixel is always better (and the A6000 seems to have sold really good), but those are cameras build around it's specs, nothing more. 

Would I like to see some Uber Sensor in the Fuji? Yes, why not. Do I need one? Hell no. I mean - how large do you really print to need that much resolution? Furthermore you would need the best glas available (sorry Sony, you're out on this one ;) ) and a tripod with you, to get the best image quality. 

I think most X-Pro2 buyer couldn't care less about the Sony.

Sure, more megapixel is always better (and the A6000 seems to have sold really good), but those are cameras build around it's specs, nothing more.

Don't agree ... for many people, 16MP would be absolutely fine, even today. More MP means more RAM in your computer, and more storage space for your backups.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Well, you are obviously right Johan, but a lot of people go by the wrong  idea that “ bigger is better”.

I remember many years ago, most clients, at that time they were often completely digital-analfabet ( as in unaware of the digital world), often asked work to be delivered in the maximum possible resolution even if they only were  going to print it much smaller that it could or even simply use files for the, back then, internet which was in its infancy.

I am talking of around 1999, the period where digital cameras were unable to provide pictures with a very high pixel count the Nikon D1 had only 2.7 MP

A customer of mine, an advertising agency,  asked me to shoot a picture of their building in 4" x 5”, scan it high resolution with a pro scanner ( Imacon) and then they only published a minute picture on their site.

What a waste of energy, time (mine) and money! (theirs)

When I see the kind of things that some folks are shooting ( some even here on FR !) and the probable fact that they are never going to print anything... and if and when they do, the prints will be very small compared to the already huge file size, I wonder whether people reflect upon what the pint of a bigger file would be.

I just wonder whether they realize that it is not the size of the file that counts, but what you put on it!

Shoot perhaps smaller but better pictures... if one can!