XF 16-55mm2.8 markings (SN and Made in)

Bichael27

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum but have been shooting on the X-system for a couple of years now.

I have kind of an odd question about serial number and "made in" markings on a newly acquired lens (and maybe my attention to detail is bordering on excessive).

The lens in question is regarding the XF 16.55mm (purchased new from B&H) and the odd question is that I notice the serial number marking and "Made in Japan" marking appears as if it was applied by hand rather than printed or stamped (as it appears on my XF 35mmf/2 and XF 23mm/f.14). The markings are fuzzy, and inconsistently aligned, and rougher in texture than those other two lenses. I was wondering if maybe this is common on "red-badged" lenses?

Best regards,

Mike

Thank you for the suggestion. I've checked the data recorded in Capture One, but it looks like they include the same generic serial number for any of my Fuji lenses. Is there an alternative program I can use to find this?

edit: I ended up finding and using the ExifTool from Phil Harvey. The serial number definitely matches. I just find it odd that the other MIJ lenses have recessed markings, and this one is raised.

Edited by Bichael27