Sign in to follow this  
Tibi

X-T4 stuck on "STORING"

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with the X-T4 which arrived today.

My X-T3 is working perfectly, the X-T4 in "S" mode, AF-C, stays like 2 secs on "STORING" with an Adata UHS-II 300 MB/s card.

What is strange is that in CH mode at 10 frames / sec, it works perfectly, shot like 200 pictures, and never slowed down, and after i got bored and stopped pressing the shutter, it cleared the buffer in like 2 secs.

So writing on card works like a charm.

Any ideas how to fix this? At the moment the camera is unusable because of "STORING" thing.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

I’ve had a similar issue. After shooting a couple of photos in s mode I turned the camera off, but green light started blinking and camera stuck with no reaction to on/off button. I was waiting a couple of minutes and heard some noises from the lens motor each 2-3 sec. I simply pulled the battery out and it solved the trouble. The primary use of my xt4 is video and I can say I made not more than 50-100 photos with it.

Got my new X-T4 this week. It's generally working great, however if the 'Clarity' setting is set to anything other than '0' then images take a lot longer to record to the SD card. Also the frame rate in the EVF drops off quite a bit. I'm guessing using clarity is quite processor intensive.

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I thought that shooting exclusively in raw is not influenced by the 'Clarity" setting.

But it is, my 'Clarity' was set to '1', I reset it to 0 now.

Thanks a lot strat68, this solved my issue.

Great help.

Edited by Tibi

Posted (edited)

My thanks too…

I got my X-T4 yesterday and began setting up the camera experiencing the same "storing" problem. I had set the clarity set to +1. After reading this thread I dropped back to 0 and the storing lag disappeared.

Thanks again.

Edited by LPPhoto

It is clear. I observed the same. This should be informed by Fujifilm. And if it is something solvable through a firmware update, they should solve it quickly, together with the problem of custom setting names not appearing on the Q menu. Why do we want a name for each custom setting if then we cannot read them in the Q menu? This was working fine in the X-T3.