X-T4 stuck on "STORING"

Tibi

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with the X-T4 which arrived today.

My X-T3 is working perfectly, the X-T4 in "S" mode, AF-C, stays like 2 secs on "STORING" with an Adata UHS-II 300 MB/s card.

What is strange is that in CH mode at 10 frames / sec, it works perfectly, shot like 200 pictures, and never slowed down, and after i got bored and stopped pressing the shutter, it cleared the buffer in like 2 secs.

So writing on card works like a charm.

Any ideas how to fix this? At the moment the camera is unusable because of "STORING" thing.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

I’ve had a similar issue. After shooting a couple of photos in s mode I turned the camera off, but green light started blinking and camera stuck with no reaction to on/off button. I was waiting a couple of minutes and heard some noises from the lens motor each 2-3 sec. I simply pulled the battery out and it solved the trouble. The primary use of my xt4 is video and I can say I made not more than 50-100 photos with it.

I thought that shooting exclusively in raw is not influenced by the 'Clarity" setting.

But it is, my 'Clarity' was set to '1', I reset it to 0 now.

Thanks a lot strat68, this solved my issue.

Great help.

Edited by Tibi

My thanks too…

I got my X-T4 yesterday and began setting up the camera experiencing the same "storing" problem. I had set the clarity set to +1. After reading this thread I dropped back to 0 and the storing lag disappeared.

Thanks again.

Edited by LPPhoto

It is clear. I observed the same. This should be informed by Fujifilm. And if it is something solvable through a firmware update, they should solve it quickly, together with the problem of custom setting names not appearing on the Q menu. Why do we want a name for each custom setting if then we cannot read them in the Q menu? This was working fine in the X-T3.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I have more or less a similar issue.
When turning the drive to "ADV" and try to shoot in "Advanced Filter Settings" e.g. (Partial Color Orange)
the "STORING" error shows up as well, for about two seconds. 

The photo, however, is stored on the memory card
The SD card I use is the ProGrade SD UHS-II 128GB Card V90 –Up to 250MB/s Write Speed and 300 MB/s

Drive "ADV"
Select menu Shooting Settings 
"Drive Setting"
"Advanced Filter Settings"
"Partial Color Orange"

So something is not entirely processed correctly but it is working.

• 2 weeks later...

When the X-T4  camera is in S mode, switching between the clarity settings from "1" to "0" does work.

When the X-T4 Camera is in ADV mode it's not possible to make changes to the clarity setttings, so the issue remains., and the "STORING" notification still pops up. Even when I formatted the SD card

Edited by waneijs

• 9 months later...

Hey all,

New to the forums and also a new owner of a TX-4 who is running into this same issue.   It was working fine for half the day then all of a sudden I was getting this STORING message/black screen which gives a delay of 2-3 secs before I can take a new photo.   My clarity is at "0" and it is still giving me the issue.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks ya'll.  

STORING is not an error message, it means the camera is writing the contents of it's buffer to the memory card. If it is a very fast card it will take less time than with a cheap not so fast memory card. Check the Fuji website for recommended brands and types.

P.S. STORING in Dutch language means malfunction or failure so when I saw this message for the first time I thought WTF, camera broken? Then I realized the camera menu is in the english language.

Edited by mrPeter

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same "STORING" message and delay problem with my new X-T4. I discovered that I had my camera mode set to HDR. When I switched it to S mode, it fixed the problem. Then it came back when I turned up the Clarity. Now in S mode and 0 clarity, the problem is gone for now.

• 1 year later...

I have fast enough memory cards but if I touch the clarity settings I get 2 seconds storing message after every frame. The strange thing is that this only happens in S mode. If I have it in CL or CH modes then its totally fine. This doesn't make sense, you would have thought it would take longer to store a whole burst of images than it would to store one single shot. 

15 hours ago, catmantis said:

I have fast enough memory cards but if I touch the clarity settings I get 2 seconds storing message after every frame. The strange thing is that this only happens in S mode. If I have it in CL or CH modes then its totally fine. This doesn't make sense, you would have thought it would take longer to store a whole burst of images than it would to store one single shot. 

The reason you don't get the delay with CL or CH modes is that Clarity only works for single shot.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...