Opinions Wanted - Memory Card Sizes You Carry

I use 64GB memory cards in both my Fuji Cameras and in both available slots. They duplicate to both (backup mode). I shoot stills, rarely burst, and short video happened maybe twice in two years. When traveling I am similar to a member here that doesn’t backup but his memory cards live with him the entire trip.

I find carrying more cards with less space on each to be ..... I don’t know, more peace of mind? Maybe? Logic is in case something happens to any one card I lose fewer photos. Memory is cheap tho and having a 128 card is almost appealing. So, I have looked around photo sites but since we are specific to Fuji, I wanted your thoughts on what flavor you like your memory. Maybe some quick pros/cons for each. Do you carry many small cards, fewer large cards, or some other combinations? If you want a hypothetical, how about a generic 14 day trip through various large and small European cities.

That's a great point.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket.  That is something I've practiced since 2003 when I went digital. 

Now, this used to apply mores when we all lived in pre-historic times and only had only single card slots.

In these modern times, and since we ( well at least I ) use the second slot as a backup at all times, I use larger 64G cards in both slots.  In my 50R, I have a 64G in slot 1, and a 128G in slot 2.  In my XH1, XT2 I keep 64G in both slots. 

Since I travel quite a bit as a landscape/travel guy, and hate carrying a laptop or other crap around other than my iPad, I carry about 30ea 64G card in a couple of Thinktank card wallets, double stacked.  The way I work it is once the cards come out of the camera, those cards never, ever get close to the camera bag ever again.  This way, if anything happens to my camera or camera bag, whether they be stolen or lost, the memory cards are always on my person whether out for dinner, or under my pillow in my hotel room.  To me, the images become more valuable than the cameras.

My  used cards never meet the camera bag again until I'm back home and the cards are uploaded and backed up, and re-formatted.  I am happy to say I've never, ever had a card go bad on me thank goodness; nor have I lost any using my method.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.  Hope it helped.