X100V Front Command Dial will not change shutter speed

I have the Front Command Dial set up in the Button/Dials menu to change either SS, ISO, EV.  But, when pressing it in to select SS (with SS Dial set to A), turning the wheel does not change shutter speed, unlike on X-T4 or X-T3.  It will only change shutter speed if the SS Dial is set to a value.  Am I missing something in menu settings, or is this how it's meant to work (differently from other Fuji cameras)?

Edited by carrot

If the SS main dial is set to A:=Auto, you can't change it using the front or the back dials. Set the SS main dial to C:=command, and then the front of the back dial should work. And notice that when the SS main dial is set to a specific value, which ever of the front of the back dial that you have set to modify SS will only shift the value slightly, try it. In my opinion, this is an amazing feature, because it allows the user to slightly adjust without the need to change the main dial if needed.

I hope this helps, let me know if it doesn't. 

There is no 'C' position on the SS Dial on the X100V.  I think you are referring to another camera.  I agree it's a good feature, but it doesn't seem to be available on the X100V.

Similarly, being able to select ISO Auto 1, 2, 3 when the ISO dial is set to 'C' is also not available on the X100V.  When it's set to 'C' you can only select specific ISO values with the front command dial.  To select ISO Auto 1, 2, 3 you have to go right into the menus to select the one you want, there is no shortcut method.

Edited by carrot

I have the X-T4 and it does allow you to shift through all ISO values, including the H & L ranges, and AUTO 1, 2, 3.

The benefit of being able to pre-set AUTO 1, 2, 3 is hugely diminished on the X100V by having to go right into the menu system to select one of these settings.  There's no reason, given there is a C setting on the ISO Dial, to write the firmware differently to the X-T4, both of which were released at the same time.

3 hours ago, carrot said:

I have the X-T4 and it does allow you to shift through all ISO values, including the H & L ranges, and AUTO 1, 2, 3.

The benefit of being able to pre-set AUTO 1, 2, 3 is hugely diminished on the X100V by having to go right into the menu system to select one of these settings.  There's no reason, given there is a C setting on the ISO Dial, to write the firmware differently to the X-T4, both of which were released at the same time.

I'd love it on the X-Pro 3 for sure. Could be a firmware upgrade on the V too...

(And I was wrong, auto-iso is accessible on the front dial of the X-T3 as well. )

Edited by flamidey

On 5/20/2020 at 10:54 AM, carrot said:

There is no 'C' position on the SS Dial on the X100V.  I think you are referring to another camera.  I agree it's a good feature, but it doesn't seem to be available on the X100V.

Similarly, being able to select ISO Auto 1, 2, 3 when the ISO dial is set to 'C' is also not available on the X100V.  When it's set to 'C' you can only select specific ISO values with the front command dial.  To select ISO Auto 1, 2, 3 you have to go right into the menus to select the one you want, there is no shortcut method.

Sorry I misspoke when I said set the SS to C, I meant T as @flamidey pointed out. So the SS can only be change using one of the command dials if the SS dial is set to T or a particular SS value where the adjustment is two third of stops up or down. But I understand your frustration, but I think the way it is set up is how it should be. When it is set to A, the camera determines the app

I just got my X-T4, but haven’t played with it enough. I would like to have the option to toggle between different auto iso settings most of the time instead of the iso values honesty. I hope this feature is added soon to the X100V. 

• 2 months later...