Dual Charger Slow??

tommedvedich

Hey gang- I just received my X-T4 and Dual Charger last week. I charged the first battery that came with the camera in the dual charger to see how it worked. Had it plugged into my USB hub and it took hours to get to 50%. I then plugged it into a high speed Anker power brick, still took about 5 more hours to get to 100%.

A few days later, I received my 2nd battery and I thought I'd actually time it. I put it on a different Anker charging brick and different cable in my studio and it started at 20% at 11am and got to 90% at 5:15pm. 

Does that seem like a super long time to you guys? Is it possible that the charging cable wasn't USB C to USB C and that could be why?

Edited by tommedvedich

My Fuji dual charger arrived on Monday (along with a second battery for the X-T4).  It was very close to an hour for to fully charge that battery from 20%.

A cable with less capacity could absolutely slow the charging time. My results came from an Apple Thunderbolt 3 cable I keep on my desk, not the cable provided with the X-T4.

You need proper USB-C to USB-C charging cable and a powerbrick at least like Fuji's AC-5VJ (rated output 5.0V 3.0A 15.0W) in order to use fast charging with the dual charger.

Edited by SrMi

• 3 years later...

I just used my FujiFilm dual charger to charge 2 batteries and I noticed only one of the LED panels was lit. It was also taking a very long time to charge. 

The problem in my case was that the USB cable wasn’t plugged in tightly to the charger! SO be sure to make sure they’re plugged in all the way.