Zeiss Icarex

ArturT

Hello everybody,

I still own a lot of old lenses, got from my dad, which I didn't wanted to sell.

Last year, after I bought some adapters for common lenses I have (QBM, Canon) and I was impressed how well they still are.

So I decided to build one adapter for Zeiss Icarex BM lenses, primary for the heavy Ultron 50/f1.8, which my dad used very often.

So I bought an adapter for Minolta (because of the depth I needed), a broken Icarex (to took out the bajonet) and made my own adapter.

The guys from the mechanical workshop at the job helped me a lot, thanks to those.

Compared to the Carl Zeiss Planar HFT 50/f1.4 the ultron produces warmer pictures with the same sharpness.

With the X-T1 and Provia the pictures looks a little bit like the Classic Chrome, but not too much.

After that I bought another Icarex from the bay, a focal reducer from Mitakon and did the same.

Now I have a set of 5 lenses (35/50/90/135/200) which I can use with the crop factor or without on the X-System.

I own also a bellow, a distance ring and a 2x tele (not from Zeiss) for the Icarex system, which are not in the picture.

My problem is:

Last time I recognized, that I'm using this lenses not really often to keep them.

And right now I need money :-(

Hopefully I'll find somebody, who is interested in it, before I put in the bay.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

you should put them on the classified section of the forum,  http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/classifieds/

this is the discussion section of the forum which won’t immediately tell anyone, at a glance, that you are selling your stuff.

There might be some folks here specifically interested in adapted to Fuji Icarex lenses but I think that you probably, if not make more money, sell it quicker to collectors or users whom still use film and shoot with an Icarex.

Incidentally, if I am not mistaken, Ica made also M42 version of the camera and lenses. Good luck!