Problem transfering 4k video to PC

Hello, i've recently got an X-T3 and ive recorded some short videos but when I try to move them onto my pc or external hard drive it says "this device is unreachable". It will also not play the videos despite apparently having the correct codecs installed. I'm relatively new to all of this so any help would be appriciated, thanks.

Can you give us a little more information to then be able to try to help you?

Are you using a Mac, Windows or Linux based pc?

It sounds like you have connected the pc to the camera with a USB-C or Thunderbolt cable, is that true?

What application / program are you using to try to view the videos?

Have you tried to use a card reader to transfer the video to you pc to then use a program to view it?

On 5/15/2020 at 12:52 AM, jerryy said:

Can you give us a little more information to then be able to try to help you?

Are you using a Mac, Windows or Linux based pc?

It sounds like you have connected the pc to the camera with a USB-C or Thunderbolt cable, is that true?

What application / program are you using to try to view the videos?

Have you tried to use a card reader to transfer the video to you pc to then use a program to view it?

I'm using Windows and at the moment i'm trying to view the clips using windows media player or VLC player, i've also tried to view the clips in Davinci resolve and it's still choppy or dosent play at all. I've not tried a card reader but I will thanks for the suggestion, to be honest I suspect it's mu video card that needs upgrading as its a little on the older side now. Thanks for the reply.

If you are recording the videos using the default 4K size, then you will need a decent video card. You can try dropping the size down to 1080p and see if that helps, but really this is only a suggestion to use to iron out any workflow bugs. The 4K size is the better to use overall because that is the way the TVs etc., etc. are going to stay. In the mean time, I hope the card reader will help some, because it puts less strain on the overall system.