TURN OFF CAMERA AND TURN ON AGAIN (!!!!)

Well, a slick new X-T4 arrived from Adorama today.  I sit down tonight to configure the menus & buttons & such exactly as my X-T3 is setup so that I'm not confused & such.

After a few minutes, I am getting a blinking screen with the above message, "Turn off camera and turn on again".  I did so, numerous times, to no avail.  

The 10-24 was mounted on the X-T4.

So--I replaced it with the 16mm and, voila, no message.  All is well.  Now, I mounted the 10-24 on my T3, and same TURN OFF message is blinking.  Hmmmmm...   something with the lens?   I've never experienced this before.  Swapped the lens several times between the two cameras, same thing.

So, I cleaned the contacts on the lens & lens mount with some Zeiss wipes and same issue.  ( I don't have any Isopropyl).  

I let the T3 sit for a while as I tried to digest what to do next.  Just turned it back on, no problems.  It's working.  Moved the lens back over to the T4--no problems.

Well, I'm very thankful that it seems (!) to be resolved, but this does NOT instill confidence.  I have a gig tomorrow.  This would NOT be a cool thing to happen.  

Anyway, anyone have any similar experience with this.  

Thank you for your help!

Kevin RIley

Edited by mkriley
misspelling

OK-- next day.  Getting the same message again.  Also getting the same message with multiple bodies when this lens is mounted on that body.  Fuji repair center in NJ said that it's likely an issue with the mount, and will likely run ca. $250-$300.

Anyone had any experience with this?

I know of someone that has now gone through two copies of the 10-24 lens.  Due to moisture from working in wet/humid weather caused this long-term issue.

I believe he got Rid of the lens after the second copy, and one of the primary reasons I don't own this particular lens.

Edited by jlmphotos
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I know it's kinda late to reply now but I have this same issue with my XT-4 on more than one of lens. I was very hopeless and ready to send my camera to NJ for repair but then I found the solution which simply is to go shooting setting and turn off the IS mode and everything works fine. 

The X-mount on most Fuji camera models is not particularly robust in my experience. Only the ones on the X-H1 and the GFX are better. Part of the issue is the quite shallow electronic contacts. Esp. with heavier lenses. The 50-140 on an X-Pro2 gave me constant issues until I got the X-H1 (according to Fuji 25% enforced mount) and never experienced problems with the same 50-140 again.

Just a little bump may throw-off the contact between lens and camera, resulting in the "turn off-on" message or the infamous "f0" message. You also may want to check whether there is some lateral or rotational tolerance between the 10-24 and the X-T4. I had to swap two times a Fuji lens: one 16-55 with a misaligned mount and one 16/1.4 with too much tolerance when mounted. Something you wouldn't expect with a premium brand...