Please disable the message “ Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk"

milandro

Fellow forum users.

Those of you who have an Iphone and use tapatalk may or may not be aware that each time that you post your phone signs your messages this way.

It is unnecessary advertising for both Iphone ( which needs no more popularity!) and Tapatalk.

Moreover it can be easily disabled on your phone.

If you run a search on Google there are about 4.000.000 hits concerning this feature ( and how to avoid doing that) which adds nothing to your posts and is very annoying.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sent+using+tapatalk+

Some of you blacken their camera brand and type to not advertise but don’t mind this or would never place a stamp on every picture that you make to the effect of saying “ Proudly made by using a Fujifilm camera”, and yet every post you make contains an unnecessary ad for both Apple ( I have an Imac) and this internet browser for your phone?

Please, this is noting else than a courteous invitation to turn this useless function off. It can be done and won’t detract anything from your forum participation.

Don’t make snarky remarks at me because they would be totally uncalled for. The spirit of this post is not being argumentative but is simply asking you to be nice to those who don’t like this without damaging you at all.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like my appeal to the courtesy of my fellow forum users needs a gentle reminder because not many have been responding with a simple act of courtesy and disable this message which appears at the bottom of each and every posts made

“ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

It really adds nothing to your participation to any forum and it would be very kind of you to disable it, it is possible, takes 5 minutes and you no longer advertise for Iphone and Tapatalk.

Please?

• 1 year later...

could all the new members please show some courtesy and disable this obnoxious and useless message?

Why would anyone advertise for phone and program used with EVERY post they make here, why if some of the same people block the Fuji brand on their cameras to NOT advertise for free, they then don’t care and expose us to unwanted advertising?

Please, please, please!  :blink:

to be truthful this is not a Samsung Apple thing but it is the forum browser that does it, it can be easily disabled and most people aren’t even aware that they leave this unrequested footprint.

I have asked the Administrators to do something if possible, maybe you could do the same, the matter is under scrutiny

I agree people who do this obnoxious thing, are practising a form of boasting!

These stupid signatures I believe come as a default on the phone and is very easily amended or zapped with a convenient zapper ray gun that may be borrowed from a friendly passing alien!

I was once in an Apple shop where a woman complained her iphone was broken when it ran out of memory and slowed almost to a stop! She had not deleted anything for four years. It took an Apple chappie two hours just to delete all the rubbish!

“ Sent from my iPho oops sorry"

Edited by Mike G

• 2 months later...

From another forum.... if you run a search the entire internet fora has community has at some time or other complained about a function which adds nothing positive to your posts.

Please, please, please....

“...These serve little purpose and if anything, they're just annoying. You can turn them off for all users here: -

Then go to the Advanced tab and disable them: -

8kmRL.jpg...."

Edited by milandro

actually there is a way for some fora to block the message at the origin.

Tapatalk is a paid app there is no base to impose this scurge to everyone who wants to use the app.

There are other problems with tapatalk though Johan like we’ve experienced on SOTW where all of a sudden they(without telling the forum owner) have “ they said only temporarily” acquired all the private addresses of the members and sent them advertising (spam if you don’t ask for it). Which cause the app to be banned but now that that forum is been bought by a commercial company which does this as a job, Tapatalk is gonna be back.