Fuji X-T4 with DJI Ronin SC

Henrik A

Have the same issue, but haven't test my SC with XT3 as I don't have one.

Trying to connect XT4 to Ronin via focus motor cable set with no result. Have ordered a USB-C to USB-C multi cable from DJI to connect XT4 directly to a Ronin. But it seems to me result will be the same till some upgrade from DJI and Fuji 

• 2 weeks later...

I also have the same problem.  I have my Fujifilm X T4 connected via the USB C cable that comes with the kit from Ronin SC Pro combo and I can't control the focus and also the record button.  It is so frustrating.😭

Hi guys. After the firmware update on the Ronin SC the green charging light keeps turning on and off intermittenly (most of the time it stays off). Also the wall plug icon on the lcd screen does the same thing. I'm not sure if this is a faulty cable issue or a firmware bug because the start/stop recording still does not work for me.

Edited by lcaber

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just got my Ronin SC and X-T4 yesterday. I updated the firmware on both, but am still unable to get the two to function properly together. I've set the connection mode on the X-T4 to "USB Tethering - Auto" but when the cable is connected between the two, it seems to only get power from the SC. Can anybody provide any insight?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering how to combine the X-T4 with the Ronin-SC and headphones to monitor sound.

As you have to connect X-T4 and the gimbal via the USB-C port there's no option to connect the headphones anymore.

I'd like to use my X-T4 with the Ronin SC together with the focus wheel while maintaining audio monitoring with headphones.

Is there a working splitter for audio (3,5mm) and USB-C (Data-Connection) for the gimbal?

Kind regards

Hardy

Thanks for your suggestions. An external monitor should work, but that's quite an invest just for getting audio and gimbal functionality. Any suggestions for a working USB-C splitter?

The ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter has a note in its description: "Does NOT support data transfer".
Wonder if data transfer is needed for the gimbal.

ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter (Amazon)

18 hours ago, thereino said:

Thanks for your suggestions. An external monitor should work, but that's quite an invest just for getting audio and gimbal functionality. Any suggestions for a working USB-C splitter?

The ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter has a note in its description: "Does NOT support data transfer".
Wonder if data transfer is needed for the gimbal.

ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter (Amazon)

You definitely need data transfer. Also given that the Ronin cable is only really USB-C at the straight end, the hub needs to be plugged in there.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I just spoke with Fujifilm Professional Services via phone and they said that if enough people contact Fujifilm Tokyo headquarters making a request for gimbal support in the X-S10, then eventually they may add it in.

Here are the steps:

1. Go to the Tokyo Headquarters Contact page: https://contact.fujifilm.com/cgi-bin/mail/form.cgi/contact_tokyo_headquarters

2. Choose topic, "Digital Cameras". In Comments/Questions page say (feel free to slightly re-phrase so it seems more original :-): "I would like gimbal support in the X-S10 to shoot smooth video. For external gimbals like the DJI RSC 2 or the Zhiyun WEEBILL-S to work, we need USB MOVIE SHOOTING AUTO to be added as an option under Connection Mode. Can Fujifilm please prioritize this in a future firmware update?"

• 9 months later...

guys before you connect the cable make sure you hit the menu and to the wrench icon select connection settings/Pc connection mode (or simply connection mode) and select USB TETHER SHOOTING AUTO
after this you turn off the camera, connect the cable, whitch on gimbal and after camera

• 10 months later...