Henrik A

Fuji X-T4 with DJI Ronin SC

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

Had my X-T4 for two weeks now 馃榾, when trying it on my DJI Ronin SC I'm not able to start/stop like a could with the X-T3.

Anyone else having this problem? Some advice?

/Henrik

Have the same issue, but haven't test my SC with XT3 as I don't have one.

Trying to connect XT4 to Ronin via focus motor cable set with no result. Have ordered a USB-C to USB-C multi cable from DJI to connect XT4 directly to a Ronin. But it seems to me result will be the same till some upgrade from DJI and Fuji聽

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

Same for me and my X-T4 and Ronin sc. It d'oesn't work together by usb-C cable, it's only work with the rss fuji cable but only to start stop rec. No function about focus.

I send mail to fuji and Dji but no real aswer ...

Have a good day 馃檪

Hi Guys, thank you for answering. Guess we have to wait for a firmware ud!

Pleas Fujifilm and DJI we are waiting!

Henrik聽馃槳

Hello everyone.

I also just sent a message to DJI (via Facebook, DJI Support).
I hope that we will soon have a new firmware.

I've got the same problem. The XT3 works well with ronin sc when it's聽connected with usb-c cable. But not the XT-4 !!

we must all have to write at Fujifilm and DJI asking them to update their firmware!

I also have the same problem.聽 I have my Fujifilm X T4 connected via the USB C cable that comes with the kit from Ronin SC Pro combo and I can't control the focus and also the record button.聽 It is so frustrating.馃槶

Posted (edited)

Hi guys. After the firmware update on the Ronin SC the green charging light keeps turning on and off intermittenly (most of the time it stays off). Also the wall plug icon on the lcd screen does the same thing. I'm not sure if this is a faulty cable issue or a firmware bug because the start/stop recording still does not work for me.

Edited by lcaber

Hi, just got my Ronin SC and X-T4 yesterday. I updated the firmware on both, but am still unable to get the two to function properly together. I've set the connection mode on the X-T4 to "USB Tethering - Auto" but when the cable is connected between the two, it seems to only get power from the SC. Can anybody provide any insight?

Hello,

You must :
1. Turn off the Ronin and the X-T4.
2. Connect the USB C cable
3. Turn on the Ronin first (very important).
4. Then switch on the X-T4

I hope it will work for you.

Chaminy0, one suggestion -- the USB-C cable has to be plugged in a specific way. The straight part goes into the camera, the end with the 90 degree bend goes into the Ronin. It doesn't work the other way around.

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering how to combine the X-T4 with the Ronin-SC and headphones to monitor sound.

As you have to connect X-T4 and the gimbal via the USB-C port聽there's no option to connect the headphones anymore.

I'd like to use my X-T4 with the Ronin SC together with the focus wheel聽while maintaining audio monitoring with headphones.

Is there a working splitter for audio (3,5mm) and USB-C (Data-Connection) for the gimbal?

Kind regards

Hardy

Hello

The sound also goes through the HDMI output.
If you plug in an external monitor, for example, you can plug your headphones into it.
Or, maybe do some research on an HDMI to audio jack adapter?

Thanks for your suggestions. An external monitor should work, but that's quite an invest just for getting audio and gimbal functionality. Any suggestions for a working USB-C splitter?

The ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter has a note in its description: "Does NOT support data transfer".
Wonder if data transfer is needed for the gimbal.

ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter (Amazon)

18 hours ago, thereino said:

Thanks for your suggestions. An external monitor should work, but that's quite an invest just for getting audio and gimbal functionality. Any suggestions for a working USB-C splitter?

The ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter has a note in its description: "Does NOT support data transfer".
Wonder if data transfer is needed for the gimbal.

ESR 2-in-1 USB-C PD Headphone Jack Adapter (Amazon)

You definitely need data transfer. Also given that the Ronin cable is only really USB-C at the straight end, the hub needs to be plugged in there.