Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am elated to hear the X-E4 might be back on the roadmap. I am very excited the form factor lives.

Fujifilm, please remember, the X-E is MINIMALIST. We know you can put nearly un-imaginable features in a camera, but you already did that to about a dozen other models. I think X-E users love those cameras because of what isn't on them. 

18 hours ago, itchy shutter finger said:

I think X-E users love those cameras because of what isn't on them. 

to some extent ;))

anyway, this is the camera i'm also waiting for from fuji :)

Thumbs up to Itchy Shutter Finger.  I agree with all he said. 👍

Put IBS and weather sealing on it and call it good.  

As "Itchy" said, "...XE users love those cameras because of what isn't on them."

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 minutes ago, Peters Dad said:

As "Itchy" said, "...XE users love those cameras because of what isn't on them."

Like both of your suggestions.  The X-E2IV is the camera that provides me with the most fun, since "film" ~ however, I'll need an RX100V tilt screen on the X-E4, or I'll keep using the Sony's for more serious photography.

On 5/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, Peters Dad said:

I'm ok with not introducing IBIS to the camera. Why? It increases the weight, it increases the price, it will possibly increase the size, OIS is built into to some of the zoom lens already, the shorter primes really don't need this IMO, instead, adjust the aperture and speed and ISO,,,,easy! 

Anybody heard any further word on an X-E4?

I'm disappointed the X-S10 wasn't an X-E4.  (Not really liking the X-S10 - not retro enough for me and obviously not a rangefinder style.  Looks like any other of its competitors.  I guess that's for another discussion thread).

No sooner did I ask if anyone had heard anything about the X-E4, Fuji Rumors says it will be coming out during the first quarter of next year! (did he read my forum question and ask someone "in the know"?).  I'm going to be on pins and needles until then with my brain conjuring up all sorts of wish list items.  But still, I don't want to see it overloaded with gadgets, bells and whistles.

On 10/11/2020 at 5:07 AM, Peters Dad said:

Anybody heard any further word on an X-E4?

I'm disappointed the X-S10 wasn't an X-E4.  (Not really liking the X-S10 - not retro enough for me and obviously not a rangefinder style.  Looks like any other of its competitors.  I guess that's for another discussion thread).

It is my hope that the X-E4 will keep more of the retro, add the 26MP sensor,  little more grip, stay compact, and be price competitive.  Also, Fuji should move to full frame with the X100 line, call the first one the X1000?  Let the E4 fill the compact APS sensor demand.

On 10/16/2020 at 5:32 PM, jaxphotocat said:

It is my hope that the X-E4 will keep more of the retro, add the 26MP sensor,  little more grip, stay compact, and be price competitive.  Also, Fuji should move to full frame with the X100 line, call the first one the X1000?  Let the E4 fill the compact APS sensor demand.

Ah yes, thank you jaxphotocat... Agreed, I forgot to mention the X-E4 needs the 26 MP sensor.  I put a case on my old X-E1and a thumb rest to create a better grip.  I'm a big guy with big hands.  Sure like the compactness of the X-E series over the XPro-3.

Interesting thought about full-frame X100.

I hope I'm wrong, but I have low expectations of the X-E4, as I don't see FujiFilm doing much for still shooters. In all fairness, not much more is required over the X-E3. I expect any improvements will be nice, but not required. I really can't think of a photo situation I can't shoot because of an X-E3 shortcoming.

I expect any innovation will be for video/selfie customers, and if this turns out to be the case, I'l just live on with my existing pair of X-E3 cameras.

11 hours ago, itchy shutter finger said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I have low expectations of the X-E4, as I don't see FujiFilm doing much for still shooters. In all fairness, not much more is required over the X-E3. I expect any improvements will be nice, but not required. I really can't think of a photo situation I can't shoot because of an X-E3 shortcoming.

I expect any innovation will be for video/selfie customers, and if this turns out to be the case, I'l just live on with my existing pair of X-E3 cameras.

I can't disagree with you on that, "itchy", and wouldn't be surprised if you were right.  I passed on the X- E3 in hopes of a 4, so trying to stay positive on what they may come up with.