XH-1 in 2020

16 hours ago, atyl1972 said:

I seen a video showing the ibis sound, especially when video recording and using the in built mic, video is of no matter to me for landscapes, and I'm not going to need 300+ shots either, but this is my main concern picking up the x-h1, is the battery performance, and I am not a fan of the fully rotating screen on the x-t4, not great for landscape shooters especially when in portrait mode on a tripod, the screen will only be allowed to come out so far. however I believe there are now a few L brackets out there that resolves this issue!

Usually the ambient noise is sufficient to drown out the IBIS noise with the build-in mic, but it's indeed better to use a separate Rode or Fujifilm MIC-ST1 mic. Many of the Fujinon lenses are quite noisy in AF mode. Esp. the older ones. With an external mic it's easier to avoid background noise.

The fully articulating screen is for me also the main draw-back (next to new batteries). I recognize it's an advantage for video, but for stills I find the X-H1, T2 and T3 solution to be better for tripods and straps and more discrete for street photography. As Patrick from Fujirumors also noticed: https://www.fujirumors.com/my-first-trip-my-fujifilm-x-t4-what-i-loved-what-i-hated-and-unveiling-what-i-really-teach-at-school/

On 6/17/2020 at 12:04 AM, atyl1972 said:

would you not consider either a hand grip, like from smallrig or an L bracket for the small grip?

The small handgrip is not the only problem of the X-T4 for me. Main problems are the flippy screen and to have to buy new batteries (I already have 4 spare NP-W126S batteries).

On 4/27/2020 at 6:01 PM, Daousz said:

Hye Fujifilm Users,

Im planning in getting the xh-1 this year because of the price.

I just want to hear Fujifilm users opinion regarding my plan to get xh-1 as my first camera.

Is it worth it or should I get other camera instead?

Thank you.

I have an XT-3 / X-H1 and the X-H1 camera is my favorite. It is a professional camera and requires a steep learning curve. The construction is very resistant (professional workhorse) and for amateur is this camera for very, very long term use. I´m very happy with the X-H1, mainly the IBIS function is extremely great. (I switch from Canon FF to Fuji 4 years ago).

I've owned the XT-20, XT-2, XPro-2, and now own the XPro-3 and XH-1 (with battery grip & Gariz half-leather case). I have smallish hands, but I have to say the XH-1 feels great in the hand! I will admit that the focus speed seems to be a little slower than my XPro-3. But, I'm not finding this so different that the XH-1 is difficult to enjoy.

I really don't do video. So I can't comment about the XH-1 vs. the new XT-4 for video use.

I'm also using a Peak Design Clutch hand strap, as well as a Peak Design Slide strap on the XH-1 either together or separately. The work great with the XH-1 as compared to other Fujifilm cameras it is no light weight due to its heavy duty construction.

My only other recommendation, if your an eyeglass wearer, is to consider a Fujifilm round style eyecup. However I find the round eyecup, designed for the X-T1, X-T2, or GFX blocks the mount for the on camera flash mount. The standard issue rectangle eyecup that came with my XH-1.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 1 month later...

Everyone has been so great to me since I joined this forum/thread. So, I thought I'd share pics of my latest addition to my XH-1. I have to admit that I've pretty much kept the Fujifilm battery grip on the XH-1.....until now ;)

I was lucky enough to snag one of the last J.B. Design grips for the XH-1 Mr. J.B. had in the backroom. He was even kind enough to drop in the mailing package a beautiful matching camera shoe cover! Now that classes up the whole rig. If only it would do the same for me personally ;)

Even better than looks, the rich red Padauk wood grip makes the camera incredibly comfortable in my hand. Even with my small right hand, my little pinky was waving in the wind. Because of the wooden extension, on the right side of the camera now fits even more comfortably in the palm of my hand. 

For those that might be curious this grip does not extend the camera's front finger grip. Of course, I don't think the XH-1 needs that kind of extension. At least this is true for my hand. 

The other benefit of course is that the camera is lighter in weight compared to the XH-1 with Fujifilm's battery camera grip. This substitution of course gives you one battery in the camera. But there is an access port, carved out, on the bottom to the grip that makes battery exchanges easy. And yes, the back LCD screen does fully articulate with the grip in place.

Now I just have to find a reddish leather camera wrist strap for a complete camera make-over.

I do not know if J.B. will ever put these into production again. If you hit him up, and he agrees let him know "Crazy Bill" sent you ;)

I also have one of the J.B. grips on my Pro-3 and enjoy that combination too. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!