Will IBIS help an OIS equiped zoom?

XtJerry

On to the new X-T4.  Neither Simethicone nor Beano can solve Fuji GAS.  My X-T3's go to my daughter, replacing her aging X-T2's which go to a better home somewhere. 

I shoot mostly with OIS lenses although I do have some non-OIS lenses, I prefer (for my style of photography) to use the zooms to react to changing composition quickly and not change lenses so much in the field.  With newer camera features, better higher ISO's and Topaz AI plugins to Photoshop, I am hoping to free myself more from my long standing "addiction" to my Gitzo tripods.  At 86 my hands aren't the steadiest.

I am hoping that the addition of the additional axes provided by IBIS with my OIS lenses will give me less shaky shots with my hand held image making.  I have been a hobbyist photographer for 67-68 years.  (Somewhere I still have my first Kodachrome color slide with my first serious camera from the early 1950's)

Any thoughts that IBIS with OIS lenses will help much?

Jerry(Kit:  8 & 12 mm Rokinon.  23 f/2, 35 f/2, 60, 10-24, 16-80, 55-200, 50-140, 100-400 w/ 1.4 tele-extender, X-T3, X-T30 Fuji and Sony RX100m7.

• 1 month later...

Fujirumors has published a slide (2/26) listing the measured number of stabilization stops for each lens when used with X-T4 (and X-H1). 18-55 is listed to have 6.5 stops of stabilization when used with T4's IBIS vs 4 stops when using OIS alone. As expected, IBIS seems to help.