Introduce Yourself

Hi i am hobby photographer from Slovenia,

i started with Nikon dslr 5years ago i loved it until my first kid was born 3years ago it was hard to carry around big Dslr with a baby but i sticked with it but now i have another kid 3months old so i decided to switch to Fujifilm because the weight and size and didn expect better image quality or iso or dinamic range or any other stuff.

But when i started shooting my new X-T10 OMG what the hell was i doing for the last 5years? Finally nobody feels threatened or intimidated when i carry my Fuji around and its lite and small and you can interact with you're kids while shooting from the back display and electronic shutter and get the shots when they smile and interact with you this is amazing not to mention not being afraid to go full manual because you can see what the heck you are doing to the image with changing the settings True the evf great stuff.

I bought Fujifilm X-T10

Fujinon 18-55 f2.8-4

Fujinon 35 F1.4

Fujinon 56 1.2 APD

I got great deal for all of this and patona battery for 1900€ new

In the future if some money comes my way i am going to buy

Samyang 12mm f2.0

Fujinon 90mm macro

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hello. My name is Kendra. I live in Kelowna, BC. I have been involved with photography for about 7 years, and enjoy getting out on long hikes with my camera. My old system was starting to wear me down (Nikon DSLR), so I decided to look for a new mirrorless alternative. I looked at the new Sony A7 line of cameras, but thought they were overpriced. I spent some time with a used Fuji X-A1, to see if I could get used to the way Fuji X cameras work.

I liked the way the X-A1 generally worked, but with no viewfinder, it was a bit of a pain to use. It worked well enough to convince me the Fuji X system was what I wanted to invest in. I just placed an order for a new Fuji X-E2 camera kit. It comes with everything I need to get started: body, XC 16-50mm and XC50-230mm lenses, an EF20 flash, vertical grip, spare battery, and leather case. It currently sells for just $1,200 (Canadian). It should arrive this week. 

i have been interested in street photography for a while now, but my Nikon D610 with 24-70mm lens was not exactly stealthy. My new Fuji camera will be a much better option, particularly once I get a XF23m f/1.4 lens to put on it. 

I look forward to connecting with people on this forum, and to learning how to get the most from my new equipment. Fuji products clearly have a lot of support, both from other Fuji X photographers and from Fuji itself. I note Fuji has just released a new version 4.00 firmware for the EX-2 camera, and I look forward to seeing what it adds.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. My name is Kendra. I live in Kelowna, BC. I have been involved with photography for about 7 years, and enjoy getting out on long hikes with my camera. My old system was starting to wear me down (Nikon DSLR), so I decided to look for a new mirrorless alternative. I looked at the new Sony A7 line of cameras, but thought they were overpriced. I spent some time with a used Fuji X-A1, to see if I could get used to the way Fuji X cameras work.

I liked the way the X-A1 generally worked, but with no viewfinder, it was a bit of a pain to use. It worked well enough to convince me the Fuji X system was what I wanted to invest in. I just placed an order for a new Fuji X-E2 camera kit. It comes with everything I need to get started: body, XC 16-50mm and XC50-230mm lenses, an EF20 flash, vertical grip, spare battery, and leather case. It currently sells for just $1,200 (Canadian). It should arrive this week. 

i have been interested in street photography for a while now, but my Nikon D610 with 24-70mm lens was not exactly stealthy. My new Fuji camera will be a much better option, particularly once I get a XF23m f/1.4 lens to put on it. 

I look forward to connecting with people on this forum, and to learning how to get the most from my new equipment. Fuji products clearly have a lot of support, both from other Fuji X photographers and from Fuji itself. I note Fuji has just released a new version 4.00 firmware for the EX-2 camera, and I look forward to seeing what it adds.

HI Kendra and from an Ex-Kelownite - Welcome :) (I now live in WInnipeg)

I have both an E2 and T1, the E2 is by far my favourite and once you settle into its quirks I am certain you will enjoy it no end. For the record though, the rumored 4.0 firmware update is unlikely to be seen before mid January 2016 if the more reliable sources are correct.

Enjoy - Bradley

Hi there. Just got my Fuji X-T1 about 4 months ago and I've been learning to use it. I have traveled extensively with my wife on a couple of extended sabbaticals and we're planning to leave again in a year for several years. We always took a point and shoot with us, but have decided to get more serious about our photography after I started an Instagram feed that has become fairly popular (@persco_).

We did not want to carry around a full DSLR and lenses with us, so I found my way to the X-T1 and I LOVE this camera. I'm having a blast learning to shoot with a real camera. Looking forward to learning lots more here.

Thanks for having me...

Hello,

My name is Tom, photo enthusiast,  and I live in Washington state.  I have been a Canon shooter for a long while, along with some miscellaneous film gear, and decided to take the Fuji plunge a month ago with an X-Pro1 and X100.  For me there has been a bit of a learning curve but enjoying the ride and appreciate the forum.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi all,

I am Martin, mainly a wedding photographer who has left Canon for Fuji and building up my equipment for next years season. Presently have an X Pro 1 and and X-T1 with an 18mm and 35mm prime to play with. I will add a 50-140 and may be a X100T or the 23mm not sure which way to go yet.

Love the X-T1 but prefer to X Pro 1 for some reason. Looking forward to seeing its replacement.

I live in Norwich, Norfolk, UK and have been a full time photographer for eight years.

All the best,

Martin

Hi guys! Just made the switch from Pentax. I have the fujifilm x-t10 with xc 16-55, xf 16mm, xf 27mm and xf 55-200mm. I am a pentax user for almost 10 years now, but the one that convinced me was the little compact fuji x10, which I use extensively for 3 years now. I live in Bucharest, Romania and I am very glad to be here. best of luck.

I am primarily a B&W guy who has been shooting Nikon now Canon digital and is looking to switch to an X-T1. I have years of experience in photography and doing B&W going way back to film days. I have a custom set up on a large format Epson for printing B&W using Jon Cone's K7 inks.

I have rented an X-T1 a couple of times and although still fumbling with some focus issues I like the camera except for one thing and that is how the B&W looks after I convert it. I came here to try and find some help with my B&W conversion.

Guest gmpyblue

Hi one and all ''

Ageing Photographer eighty five, retired from a professional career twenty seven years ago as head of a department in a large commercial windtunnel.

OK just got to be interested again, so I bought a Finepix SL1000 camera Its OK

But it has no cable release, Bit of a pain ! when its in the long zoom on a tripod.

And the battery discharges even when turned off.

The provision for external flash will not synchronize to my Yongnuo YN560-11 (any thoughts would be appreciated)

​Sounds as though I hate it but I Don't 

That's enough for now. 

Happy Christmas to one and all

hi to all.

I am Jing Rodriguez from Philippines, currently working here in Singapore as a structural detailer.

I love my Canon DSLR and I like to bring it most of the time, the problems are, it is heavy and bulky.

That is why I am thinking to buy new one for my everyday use. I am planning to buy X-T2 and lens 16-55 f2.8 WR / 18-135 f4 WR.

Since X-t2 is not available yet. I want to hear/read other peoples comments about those lenses and X-T1, look at the sample images and other interesting stuff : ).

if you have any suggestion, don't hesitate to do so, please pm me.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody. I live in France near Paris. retired I spend most of my time with Photography : seeing exhibitions, travelling (worldwide) and taking a lot of pictures, preparing competitions, lightroom,.....

I have Nikon cameras (D200 and D700) and arrived in the Fuji world with the X-Pro 1 + 18mm f2.0 and 35mm f1.4 lenses. Since I acquired the XE1 and several lenses : 14mm, 23mm , 55-200mm and 18-135mm. I am quite satisfied with all of them and I like very much the quality of these lenses. Giving me the opportunity to take nice pictures...

Jean-Claude

Hi all! I've been lurking around from time to time, but with the turn of new year, I thought I'd try to be more sociable.  ;)

I first picked up an X100 in 2012 as a trial for a lightweight street photography camera, and it somehow - against all expectations - led to me ditching my Nikon system entirely, only to have it replaced by Fuji X-T1s and a growing collection of Fuji lenses. Loving the colour, handling, noise control, and soul. Never been happier. 

I do mainly nature and street photography, and some reportage. Based in London most of the time, otherwise Singapore. 

Looking forward to learning from everyone here and geeking it out, Fuji style! 

Web: http://www.jaclau.com

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/_husky_ 

A few samples: 

23391924740_34f20910b7_c.jpg

9087909445_5edc8a3459_c.jpg

16413832115_c113bba3a6_c.jpg

16091459548_3e620c1d4d_c.jpg

My name is Adriano and I live in Portugal. I sold my Nikon D5000 and at the moment I only shoot with my Fuji X-E1 with the great lenses 35mm 1.4 and 18-55 2.8-4. Also bought a Helios 44-2 58mm 2.0 to use with an adapter.

What I love about Fuji is:

- great jpeg's right out of the camera (I tend to use the Astia film simulation)

- lightness and small size;

- great looks! Sometimes strangers tell me how nice my camera looks :D (Although I prefer the style of the X-Pro1);

- Amazing ISO;

- great X-Series lenses lineup. They aren't cheap but the premium quality (XF lenses) justify their price. Would love to shoot with the 56mm 1.2 someday. The bokeh seems rather special.

Despite all of the above never forget to not fall victim of the GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) and to always remember to make the best use of the gear you already own ;)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianoguerreiro/

Guest Ridgeback

Hi y'all,

I'm originally from England, lived (studied/worked) in continental western Europe for many years and am now living in beautiful El Paso in western Texas on the border with Mexico.

I've been interested in photography for almost as long as I can remember and I got my first real camera when I passed my A-levels (I still have it - a Minolta 110 SLR, the smallest SLR ever built).

On and off I photographed with that and other equipment until in 2002 I got my first digital camera. From then on my interest got deeper. Bought a Leica D-lux 2, sold it to buy an D-Lux 4. Bought a Digilux 3, bought a Panasonic DMC-FZ30, sold it to buy an HS20EXR, bought an X10, sold the Digilux and bought an X-E2.

So now I have 3 Fujis, a waterproof Panasonic p&s, a Rolleicord Vb, a Canon AE-1, A FED 2e, an Agfa Ansco B2 and a Zeiss ikon Tengor 56/2. All work. All get used.

Presntly I'm interested in IR, both dgital and film and I'm looking to possibly buy an X-Pro 2 since I fell in love with the X-Pro 1 when it came out in 2012 but didn't buy it solely because it does not have a diopter adjustment. Apart from that it has everything I ever wanted in a camera so the X-Pro 2 is top of the list.

XF lenses: 14 f2.8R, 18-55mm f2.8-4 R LM OIS, 27mm f2.8, 50-230mm f4.5-6.7 OIS.

If the TC worked with more than just one out of 21 lenses, especially if it worked with the 50-230, I'd buy that cos I have use for it. However Fuji's sometimes erratic and utterly illogical marketing and model strategies force me to use my Canon AE-1 for such shots since the Canon TC works with pretty much any FD lens, except maybe the fisheyes.

Anyway.

Enough idle chat.

Have a great day y'all!

Hallo to everyone, from Netherland

I was an enthousiastic Canon user until I bought myself a X100. I was so very pleased with this camera that two years ago I sold all of my Canon stuff, including the 100-400 because Fujifilm was going to release their own 100-400 very shortly. ( 2 years ago). I bought a X-T1 and some lenses. I never regretted this change. (except for the 100-400). Now with a new trip to the African wildlife I added a back up camera to my gear. This time I could not resist the bottom price for a PRO1 (just € 399,- brandnew). So that when the 100-400 finally arrives I can use my T1 for this safari lens and do the general photography with the PRO1. All my Fuji gear together saves me about 3 kilos of cabin luggage compared to the previous Canon equipment. I still make RAW's but only for safety and "in case of", because for daily use the JPEG from my Fuji's are almost perfect. In particular on those expensive wilderness safari's all precautions have to be taken: malaria pills, several preventive immunizations, a bundle of SD cards and batteries and of course RAW+F setting on the cameras.

My name is Rupert and I am a professional wedding photographer. I also shoot interiors for int. designers and developers in the winter months.

I live in Bristol, U.K. and took up photography when I was 7, maintaining and interest in it all my life and turning professional in 2005 was a great moment as I walked away from a law degree (2-years in) where I was miserable.

It is a love first and a job second. It is never 'work' for me.

Fuji cameras (switched from Canon in 2012) reinvigorated my photography as they felt like the cameras I fell in love with as a kid. Manual (although I don't always shoot M now) old-style, optical finders (obviously in film days) and to me, the Canons I was using were boring, samey, heavy and I was beginning to feel like they were not suited to how I like to shoot. I like the more considered approach and think the X100/XP1 style suit that best.

I currently have an XT1, X100s and XP1. I only have the XT1 for the AF. Dropping it for the XP2 asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Was trying to find a friendly Fuji X forum which shares ideas openly and creatively, stumbled upon this forum and here I am.

Little bit about myself, I'm from Singapore, the tiny tropical island in South East Asia. Was shooting professionally during film era using Canon stuffs. Stop shooting totally during the film-digital transition as I couldn't decide to switch to digital or not. Went back to Canon camp shortly and last year, made the switch to Fuji completely.

Nevertheless, I almost ditched fuji because of the "culture shock" due to the difference in DSLR and Mirrorless both physically and emotionally. So one day, happens to chat up a random stranger whom we discussed about camera systems and he reminded me of the pros and cons of mirrorless and the great potential of Fuji.

Went back and decide to re-try Fuji and now I'm rooted!

Hello Fuji-X Community,

the announcement of the X-Pro2 brought me here - because I am really interested in buying one. Switched to Fuji X from Canon Digital EOS two years ago. Contrary to what my name suspects, I am no professional photographer who earns money with what he does - only had no clue finding a proper username and found it funny, that no one before had this idea :) 

I live in berlin, germany and mostly shoot street, sometimes people at events, my cats, my used lenses for ebay and landscapes on vacation.

Hi everyone...

My name is Allen and live in the Phoenix, AZ area. I first started in photography as a hobby back in the late 60s when taking a photography class in college. Went thru the film stage with a Minolta and Nikon until the mid 70s. After a few years break, I then purchased a Canon 50D and ended with a Nikon D300s. Sold the camera and lenses a few months ago because of my interest in the Fuji X-Series System. Back in 2012 while visiting one of our local camera stores I looked at the X-Pro 1 and liked it. So now I’m thinking of getting one and a 35mm 1.4 to start with. The price of the X-Pro 1 makes it a great starting point. This will give me some experience with the Fuji system and maybe consider the X-Pro 2 or even the X-T2 later.

Have a couple questions before I make this purchase.

Does the X-Pro 1 come with the latest firmware loaded?

If I decide to purchase a 10-24 or 16-55 later, will there be a problem using them with the OVF?

Heard something about being able to see the front part of the longer lens in the lower R/H corner when using OVF.

Spend a little more and get the X-T1 or wait for the X-T2 (rumor release June 2016). 

Glad to be here...Thxs