Introduce Yourself

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All! I'm Joe from Dublin. I took up photography during the first Covid lockdown here in Ireland. With everything closed and a 2KM travel limit in place, finding motivation to leave the house became a daily challenge. Trying to capture photos of various things in my locality became my daily activity.

I started off with an XT4 as I knew nothing about cameras, but I was drawn to its classic camera appearance. Fortunately it turned out to be a great camera. I have since upgraded to an XT5 and primarily use the XF150-600mm lens. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, Vairish said:

Hi All! I'm Joe from Dublin. I took up photography during the first Covid lockdown here in Ireland. With everything closed and a 2KM travel limit in place, finding motivation to leave the house became a daily challenge. Trying to capture photos of various things in my locality became my daily activity.

I started off with an XT4 as I knew nothing about cameras, but I was drawn to its classic camera appearance. Fortunately it turned out to be a great camera. I have since upgraded to an XT5 and primarily use the XF150-600mm lens. 

Nice to meet you man ! X-T4, love it !!! I had it...but on the X-T5 now as well. Also love it lol. 

Hi. I'm from Spain. I jumped from film to digital with a Fuji S3 Pro many years ago (I still have it), then I've been using several Nikon bodies and way more lenses than I need 🤷‍♂️. I wanted a smaller, lighter and sexy body for traveling and casual use so I ended up with a XT30 II, a 35mm f2, a 16mm f2.8, a Godox TT350F and a X2T trigger.

Now I'm extremely happy with my very small, very light and very powerful bag. 

• 4 weeks later...

An itchy trigger finger has cast me here after I sneezed, squeezed and murdered the buy button for the XT5. (What little there is left of them as they are dwindling quickly) and that said ...Hi there friends!! 

(wipes brow)

I may go back into the mad fray and snag lil bro (xt50). Something about that charcoal color and all the insane hoopla makes me wanna Cha Cha!

Are Fuji, new toy announcement, market, events always this nuts? I don't remember things being this crazy back in 2018 when I bought my best friend and his family the XT20 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

i'm from Vilnius Lithuania. I do photography as an amateur from about 2005 (with long pauses). Now having FujiFilm X-S20 with kit lens XF 18-55mm. This is my second Fuji, first Fuji was smth like 3MPX S5000 ultra-zoom. And and the fourth camera in my life. 

Why am I here? Probably to share experiences. New cameras are an endless story where you can customize every parameter.

PS I love "raw" (not post processed) JPGs.

PSS here is Vilnius only resized.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2024 at 10:30 PM, TOPSHELFJUNIOR said:

Nice to meet you man ! X-T4, love it !!! I had it...but on the X-T5 now as well. Also love it lol. 

Wow, just re-read this post...so cool about Ireland and the lockdown being the jolt / spark that pushed you further into photography ! And man, that zoom lens sounds sick !!! I've had a few chances to shoot some concerts, but I didn't have a proper zoom and always wondered what a good one would be.. 16-150 !!! Wow !

Edited by TOPSHELFJUNIOR

On 1/27/2024 at 2:26 PM, Vairish said:

Wow, just re-read this post...so cool about Ireland and the lockdown being the jolt / spark that pushed you further into photography ! And man, that zoom lens sounds sick !!! I've had a few chances to shoot some concerts, but I didn't have a proper zoom and always wondered what a good one would be.. 16-150 !!! Wow !

On 4/16/2024 at 11:21 AM, malinowski14 said:

Hi. I'm from Spain. I jumped from film to digital with a Fuji S3 Pro many years ago (I still have it), then I've been using several Nikon bodies and way more lenses than I need 🤷‍♂️. I wanted a smaller, lighter and sexy body for traveling and casual use so I ended up with a XT30 II, a 35mm f2, a 16mm f2.8, a Godox TT350F and a X2T trigger.

Now I'm extremely happy with my very small, very light and very powerful bag. 

Spain !!! NICE !!! Been to Barcelona + Madrid, once...need to go back !!! X-T30II !!! Nice, I've been thinking about picking up one again. I had the first version w/ the 35F2 and loved that setup...I moved on so I could get an X-T4. But I loved how small it was and how powerful it was. Hard to find the MARK2 version right now, even used...I think I'm going to try and add that.

On 5/16/2024 at 8:41 AM, JimExPlumber said:

New to Medium Format with GFX100ii. Lots to learn!

Whew !!! What a camera ! Never shot one but, the images I've seen look great ! I was thinking about getting the 50Sii, cuz there's a good price on them right now. $2400-$2900 for the body. Looking forward to seeing what you create !

On 5/16/2024 at 7:38 PM, Hobonickel said:

An itchy trigger finger has cast me here after I sneezed, squeezed and murdered the buy button for the XT5. (What little there is left of them as they are dwindling quickly) and that said ...Hi there friends!! 

(wipes brow)

I may go back into the mad fray and snag lil bro (xt50). Something about that charcoal color and all the insane hoopla makes me wanna Cha Cha!

Are Fuji, new toy announcement, market, events always this nuts? I don't remember things being this crazy back in 2018 when I bought my best friend and his family the XT20 

Feel you !!! Fujis are flying off the shelves right now, atleast in the States. Even on the used market, some bodies that I thought would be available, or at a certain price...are not, available lol. X-T50 looks nice !!! Thinking about it, or the X-T30ii, we'll see.

On 6/3/2024 at 12:15 PM, m3hc said:

Hello,

i'm from Vilnius Lithuania. I do photography as an amateur from about 2005 (with long pauses). Now having FujiFilm X-S20 with kit lens XF 18-55mm. This is my second Fuji, first Fuji was smth like 3MPX S5000 ultra-zoom. And and the fourth camera in my life. 

Why am I here? Probably to share experiences. New cameras are an endless story where you can customize every parameter.

PS I love "raw" (not post processed) JPGs.

PSS here is Vilnius only resized.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Wow !!! Great photo !!! Vilnius looks amazing. So green ! And clean !!! Nice shot man. Good ol' kit lens, one of the best there ever was. Looking forward to seeing more ! Cheers.

Hello everyone,
My name is Jarek and I come from Poland. I apologize in advance for my English. I have just become the happy owner of a GFX 50S II (a complete accident - a bargain). I haven't dealt with cameras for a long time. The last SLR I had was a Konika-Minolta 7D. In my old age, I decided to return to my passion. My second passion is Sphynx cats. Unfortunately, I can't find an active forum about Fuji in Poland, that's why I came here. Greetings to everyone - Jarek

• 5 weeks later...

Been an intermittent Fuji user for many years starting with an S2 Pro then an S5 before getting a bridge camera for my other half. In between Fuji I've been a big Nikon user with D2X and D3 amongst others. Finally left the Nikon camp and moved to Fuji when I went mirrorless opting for a used X-T4 which needed a friend so bought an X-E2. 

Love the X-E2 for its simplicity and near point and shoot pocketable nature coupled to its ability to accept any of the X-T4 lenses. 

In terms of lenses I use an 18-55 and 18-135 Fuji, a TTArtisans 27mm (AF), 35mm f/1.4 (MF), 7.5mm f/2 fisheye (MF) and a Samyang 12mm f/2 AF.

I also use old vintage lenses via adapters. Specifically Pentagon 28mm f/2..8 (M42 thread), Rollei 50mm f/1.8 (Zeiss rebadge), Rolleinar 135mm f/2 8, Rolleinar 200mm f/3.5, Sigma 18-70 f/3.5-4 5 MD fit, Minolta 35-70mm f/3.5, Tokina 70-210 f/4.5-5.6 (MD fit), Minolta 100-300 f/5.6 and a Nikon fit Tamron SP90 macro lens. 

I still shoot film using my Minolta SRT100X and Rollei SL35 too and have an old Ilford Sportsman currently loaded with a roll of HP5. Also still have Maniya 645 TL Pro with 80 and 110 f/2.8 lenses (and 645 to FX adapter for them).

Been into photography since the mid 70s when I was introduced to it at school and it stuck with me on and off ever since. Did a few years of wedding photography but it just turned me away from doing any photography for 10 years or more and all my kit sat in a cupboard until recently after which all the Nikon stuff was sold.

So that's me. Reigniting a passion for photography all over again. 

Edited by thelostkiwi