Introduce Yourself

Hello all, Rod here from the USA. Currently shooting T2, E4. Decidedly amateur status, and enjoy street, documentary & landscape work. Looking to hang with a bunch of like minded folks who enjoy shooting with the unique features of Fujifilm cameras.

Glad to find a new home!

Born and raised in Philadelphia, but dragged kicking and screaming to Atlanta by my now wife 28 years ago, I’ve been passionate about photography since I was 11.  First camera was a Canon A-1, and built my own darkroom at 12.  I recently moved from canon gear to Fuji and have loved it.   I only have some residual Canon stuff to specifically support the TS-E 17mm I keep for professional needs.  

For my actual profession I’m an architect, and have my own firm.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum, found out about this place from dpreview shutdown related news (although never was on their forums).

I currently live in the USA, WA, moved here in 2018. I've grown up with film rangefinders and mini dv camcorders, but in my high school years and until now I had to give up that hobby. I've recently (give or take 3 months ago) picked up a Fujifilm X-T5 and has been catching up on all the advances in photography (and things I was ignorant about in my film days) since "back when".

I mostly do this as a hobby and a nice excuse to go places and spend time outside home, but also to share pictures with friends and family. So far I've been doing landscape, architecture, nature, but I'm always looking to try my hand at other things too. I am somewhat intimidated by the idea of taking my camera to the streets though.

13 hours ago, FX Admin said:

Welcome – also made it here from DPReview?

Andreas

Indeed.  Since this forum is “brand new” enough to have a better chance to get my desired username, I managed to get a forum name more appropriate for me.  On dpreview I had fo use a gaming username (Nuramori) since that forum was so old someone already grabbed what I would have used 😛 

Edited by Edp

On 3/23/2023 at 7:23 AM, JaviDiaz said:

Hi everyone.
New to the forum, I am Javier from Spain (Madrid).
Amateur photographer with many things to learn yet.
I use Fuji XH1 and XT2 with several lenses and adapters, AF and manual (legacy).
My interests are on landscape and street photography. 

Very glad to be here.

I’m going to be in your neck of the woods in two weeks!  Love to hear some tips on where to eat and go for street photo opportunities.   

Edited by Edp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I joined this forum back in 2017 when I owned a first version of the X100. Sold it a few years ago, and had planned on buying a X100V for my street/out and about photography. But the hugely inflated prices currently being asked have put a damper on that, so I decided to buy a barely used X-T1 and 23mm f2 WR lens as an alternative. 

Only been out and about with it once but am very impressed, especially with the functions available on top of camera. Just about all I need without having to delve into menus.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm Stefan. I've been shooting for 45 years now - starting with Minolta SR-T100X, then Canon FD, Pentax 645 - mainly B&W films and prime lenses. In 2005 I switched to digital Canon 20D (now converted to IR), sold almost all my analog stuff in 2013 and have been shooting full frame with a Canon 6D ever since. I like B&W a lot and have been following Fujifilm for 10 years now. The introduction of the X-T5 finally made me do the system switch last December. I don't remember the last time I had so much fun with just a camera, a B&W "film" (Acros + YE simulation), and a 35mm lens (23mm f2). I recently bought a couple of old lenses that I'm using for digital (X-T5) and film (Minolta SR-T303 and Canon FTb). I'm glad I found this forum because I have tons of questions.

Edited by PhotoMex
correction of typos

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I’m Caden and I am a 24 year old from Bozeman Montana, and currently residing in Barbados! In 2022 I obtained a bachelor’s degree in film and photography from Montana State University. Just a few months ago I traded my canon gear in to make the switch to Fuji and I haven’t looked back since! I currently own an X-T4 paired with a 18-55mm, 56mm 1.2 and Rokinon 12mm 2.0. Planning on getting more/switching up my lenses in the future! I have been absolutely loving the Fuji system and community!

• 1 month later...

Afternoon everyone, new to the forum, but not new to photography.

Lets get it out of the way; I am a longtime Canon user, starting with a 10d and ending up with my current R/R5 setup.

As time has passed I have been more and more Fuji curious, probably down to my growing interest in City and Street photography. 

My dealer last week had a used X-T2 on the shelf, so I decided to go for it along with a couple of used lenses. I had a day out with it yesterday in one of the local towns, I am already a fan.

So here to learn a little.

Hello everyone!

I’m Bartek and I was working almost 20 years on Nikon. I switched to Fuji 2 years ago. I use 2 x XT3, lenses F 16 1.4, F 23 1.4 , Sigma 56 1.4 , Viltrox 75 1.2 and F 50-140 2.8 . Because I photograph a lot of sports, I have been testing combinations with the Fringer lens adapter for the Nikon system like: Sigma 105 1.4, Sigma 120-3002.8S or Nikkor 300f4 PF.

Nice to be here:)

• 4 weeks later...

hello, long-time casual photographer having started with a Praktica LTL3 back in the 70s I believe…..

Had various Nikon SLRs, then took a gamble with the X-100 and bought one in the early days… loved the freedom and compact way of photographing ! I’ve just made the jump and ditched my Nikon F gear that was hiding in a cupboard, and bought myself an X-H2s with the 18-55 (for portability), 50-140 and the new XF 8. Loving the H2s experience so far… hadn’t realised how much things had progressed since my Nikon D700..

Nice to be here 👋 

icI'm KC. Im a food/bev/hospitality and lifestyle photographer based out of Philadelphia.

You could say I am also a bit of a fanatic as well. I shoot exclusively on Fujifilm cameras. And after shooting Canon for several years prior, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

I started with an X100F in 2020 when pandemic killed my first attempt and going solo and I had to unload a lot of gear. I fell in love with it, and it became my event camera. I later grabbed an XT2, 35mm f/1.4, 18-55mm, and a 16mm f/1.4. This year I changed everything and bought a GFX50r, 50mm f/3.5 and 32-64mm f/4 and started shooting off camera flash. It was a game changer. Lastly for fun I grabbed up an XF10 camera and it pretty much goes everywhere with me. I also have a Natura S point and shoot for film fun too.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I am new here.  I just switched from Sony to Fuji after picking up a used xt4 and falling in love with taking pictures with it.  I am a hobbyist not pro.  I have since sold my Sony gear and purchased a Xt5 and a few lenses. I look forward to asking questions as I work out the voids in my knowledge of the fuji system. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am returning to Fuji, having just picked up a Orginal X100 as wanted a smaller lighter camera, and got a good deal on it.. I used to have an X-T2 and a X-H1 but then moved to Olympus and Nikon, but have come home to Fuji. 

I used to be a pro photographer working in Sports Photography, but mostly now shoot Portraits and a few landscapes, but am busy with my day job and studying AstroPhysics.. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hallo to the entire community!

My name is Piero and I'm currently based in Palermo, Italy.
I'm a professional photographer.
I've been using Fujifilm since 2013, mostly for my personal work and sometimes for commissioned work. I like very much the sensor and the lenses of both small and medium format cameras.
I'll give a look around...

Cheers 

• 1 month later...

Hello.  My name is Chris.  My interest in photography began at age 13, when I picked up my Father's Kodak 120 bellows camera, that he purchased while in College in England.  After signing out some books at the local library (my age is showing!), I bought some film.  That began my initial interest in photography.  My skills grew as I got more involved, and more passionate, about photography.  

I have worked in two camera stores, one as assistant manager.  I served in the military for 7 1/2 years, and while overseas, I purchased my first SLR,an OM-1, and took a lot of photographs.  I left the service, and enrolled and graduated from our local college in Film Production.  After working for a local community advocacy group for 2 1/2 years doing video and photographic projects, the group closed due to lack of funds, and I was to be married in three months.  Yikes!  I quickly found a job as assistant manager in one of a chain of camera stores.  I spotted a 2-year consultant position at a small school board, working with children in video and photography, and media literacy.  I applied and got the job on the spot.  I had a lot of fun working with kids.

A school board in my local city was setting up a video studio, as part of a revitalization of the "Tech Wing".  Tech was no longer just construction, metal-working, or automotive, apparently.  I interviewed for the position, and won the job. I was a high school teacher.  Never thought I would end up teaching high school!  Along with video production, I also taught digital photography.  The 24 years I spent teaching video and film to 13-18 year-old's were the best, most interesting, most challenging job I had ever had.  I had about 200 of my students over the years continue their studies in film, video, and photography.  I keep in touch with some.  

I am very proud of the job I did, introducing these young people to alternative career choices, and passing on my passion for photography and video production.  It was a privilege to have that job.

Now, as a retired teacher, I have more time to pursue a craft that I have been engaged in for the last 53 years.  I have long been a Nikon shooter.  When my wife and I took a short trip to Tofino in November to see the storms the area was famous for (we had four days of sun and calm waters), I was really feeling the weight of my D850 and 12-24.  I sometimes would have a 150-600 with me.  It had been getting more tiring carrying all that equipment around.  I left my SLR stuff in the hotel room, and got out my D Lux-6.  Small and portable.  Then while shooting some tidal pools on a rock outcropping,I slipped, and dropped my Leica on the rocks and into the ocean.  What a day.  I was upset, to say the least.  Thankfully I had all my equipment insured against loss or damage.  I filed a claim the same day.  That evening, I decided I was going to move to a smaller system.  Thus began my switch to Fuji.  I knew the only local, independent camera store owner, so went to his store with all my kit.  He would sell it for me, and the money would go towards my new Fuji gear.  The insurance cheque for my Leica arrived, so more to spend.  He sold some of my Nikon kit quickly, and I started shopping!

So here I am, with a new X T5 and some primes.  Glad to be here, and hope to be a regular.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I'm excited!

Chris